realistic goal? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

realistic goal?

hey guys. i just picked up a 08 10r. it has a adams arm stretched about 8'" full exhaust and lowered in the front and back and a filter. stock gearing but ill probably go down 1 and up 3 after a few months next spring and add an air shifter. trying to come up with a pretty good goal for the 1/4 i was thinking around 9.4. im about 155 suited and was cutting 1.5's 60 's with my 07 gsxr 600 in the 8'th with a best of 6.71. is that a pretty good goal for the bike? i know the bike is well capeable of better than that and the times will improve with more time and feel for the bike, im just pretty new to the zx world. im gonna ride the bike every day so i dont really want to touch the motor and go that whole route. just looking for a little input on the times i could expect.. (keep in mind i know it all depends on the rider but im not new to the whole 1/8, 1/4 mile thing, but by no means an expert)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

You need more gear. Put a 15 on the front and it'll be crazy. I'm sprayin mine with a 15front and stock rear. For the motor you should do -2 +2 a lot of guys will say -1 +4 or somethin but I've had great luck with a 15 on the front. Just IMO.

I think the way your bike is setup once you get used to it and some seat time 9.40's will be very attainable at your weight.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #3 of 14 Old 11-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

with the above mentioned mods you should hit 5.90's 1/8 pretty easy at your wieght but you gotta ride it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-01-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

thanks for the quick response guys, i have read that these bikes need the gear in 1st b/c its so long... would -2+2 be about the same as -1+4 though? cant wait for next spring though, have a few cosmetic things i want to get done. the bike has chrome rc wheels i need to sell and pick up a set of stockers, and slap a hook up on the rear. had a lot of good things to say about my shinko stealth on my 600 so sticking with shinko. and probably later on in the season once i get use to the bike and running it how it should be ran probaby throw a little shot of spray at it with a tune!! never though id switch from suzuki but im excited.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluek7 View Post
thanks for the quick response guys, i have read that these bikes need the gear in 1st b/c its so long... would -2+2 be about the same as -1+4 though? cant wait for next spring though, have a few cosmetic things i want to get done. the bike has chrome rc wheels i need to sell and pick up a set of stockers, and slap a hook up on the rear. had a lot of good things to say about my shinko stealth on my 600 so sticking with shinko. and probably later on in the season once i get use to the bike and running it how it should be ran probaby throw a little shot of spray at it with a tune!! never though id switch from suzuki but im excited.
1 tooth off the front is between 2-3 off the rear. Like I said some guys would rather go bigger on the rear than smaller on the front. I personally swear by the 15. However it doesn't like clip style master links. Since its so small it likes to pop clips off. I have a clip style on mine. But just siliconed the plate on there and it seems to be doing fine. Shinko's are hard to beat at the track, but if you have the money power ones are lighter and hook just as good if not better IMO.

I think you'll love it man. Just get some seat time and you run good. Personally 5.90's in the 1/8th was a pretty big feat for me. But that may be just me..

post #6 of 14 Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

like magma said throw a 15t on the front and dat bitch will fly off the line. i was runnin -1for min till magma told me to try a 15t, once i went -2 on the front ive not look back since lol.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have a 2010 10r with a 12in arm and just bolt on mods. About the same weight as you and I run very consistant 5.73-5.74 in the 1/8th. 87 pump gas as well. Seat time is everything
post #8 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangyo View Post
I have a 2010 10r with a 12in arm and just bolt on mods. About the same weight as you and I run very consistant 5.73-5.74 in the 1/8th. 87 pump gas as well. Seat time is everything
And a 12 over arm is a BIG help too.

post #9 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmagma10 View Post
And a 12 over arm is a BIG help too.

So would a built motor spark plugs have never even been out of my motor and I run cheap ole shell 87 pump gas. Arm or not, I feel as though my bike is doing awesome for what it is.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangyo View Post
So would a built motor spark plugs have never even been out of my motor and I run cheap ole shell 87 pump gas. Arm or not, I feel as though my bike is doing awesome for what it is.
No reason to get all defensive. But it's a lot easier to go fast with a long arm.not taking anything away from you at all. Your definitely riding that thing. But doin it with a short bike is a lot harder and definitely impressive. It's easy to go fast with a long arm. Built motor doesn't help much at all if you can't put the power to the ground.... Cheap ole 87 huh. You know a bike runs faster on 87 right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in