Ran the 10 Last night. Not so good. Crit! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to OneSLOW10
Ran the 10 Last night. Not so good. Crit!

Hey everyone. I ran my 10 last night at Maple Grove. I did BAD. I got a decent amount of runs for only getting there at 5 and being able to line up at about 5:45 or so since i had to strap down and what not. I got 7 runs in 4 hrs. Not to bad. First time taking the 10 there and let me tell you I looked and felt like a rookie. Running the 10 is nothing like the 600. I need some practice. I would line up thinking ok I am going to launch at 5500- 6k and slowly slip the clutch and get to WOT fast. Well what I seemed to do was slip the clutch to fast b/c I poped wheelies 4 out of the 7 times I ran. And yes I was strapped. I strapped it all the way down till there was a 1/4" left and I dropped the rear 2" via Muzzy Links. My best run was a 10.734 @ 132.66mph. Bad I know. That run i had a .259 reaction time ( my reaction times weren't to good) and a 1.895 60'. My best 60 of the night was 1.872. My runs varied between 10.734 and 11.373 (<-1st run). I felt like ass. I ran 20 psi on the rear PP. Some times I could not get to WOT till after I shifted into 2nd gear. I didn't install the Rifle mans 1/5 yet. Sometimes I couldn't get my left foot up fast enough. When I was staging I would try to hold the bike back and it just felt so hard to hold back. Like it just kept wanting to go when I would get the RPM's up. I had some very good coaches last night but feel I let them down. C's Racing might be dropping me as a sponsor. I thought I would at least run mid 10's my first time out. I thought my mods would've backed me up ( see sig ). I know my seat time on this 10 needs improvement and I need tons more of it, but I also thought maybe not having the bike tuned yet has just a small bit of play in it. I'm running some BS Full Akra and filter Map from DJ's website. I wore a 1 pc last night so I was probably 225lbs suited. I am currently 210ish. Gotta get back down to the low 190's. I'd like to hear peoples thought, especially guys like Bloo who I believe are bigger guys and who achieved good times. There was 2 other 10's there last night. Both 4th gens. 1 rider was 125lbs suited with a slip on and the other 160 suited with a slip on. Both ran constant 10.4's - 10.5's with no real experience. Both were not strapped and were ride height. The one guy was launching at 4k all the time. Again I just felt like a dumb ass with all the bolt ons I have running so bad. I did however achieve pretty much the same mph (give or take 2 or 3) has some of the guys running 10 flats so I know it's all in my launches. I am SWB. Crit away, but please don't get to crazy on me.

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 08:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Don,t beat yourself up to bad, the bike has lots of power and u don,t learn anything overnight.Soon ya will be in the 9s
post #3 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

here's some vids. I got 2 more but there still uploading on youtube

2005 PMR. Full Ti Evo 2, BMC Race, V-Stacks, PC3, IG Module, DJ QS (not installed), 1/5th throw (not installed), -1 +2 with Gold RK Chain, Speedo Healer V4, Removed 2ndaries, Red GiPro, Pilot Powers, Dual H.I.D.s, Brocks brackets and strap, Rear 2" Muzzy Drop, Vortex Rearsets, Scotts Damper, 2 HyperPro Dampers, Puig DB, ASV Levers, Titax Levers, Pazzo Levers, Kill switch (made to look like it's mounted), CA front/rear lights and a owner who adores her...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

post #5 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift View Post
Don,t beat yourself up to bad, the bike has lots of power and u don,t learn anything overnight.Soon ya will be in the 9s

I started out the same if not worse, it’s just seat time. I always thought I was a bad arse street racer and will kick but out on the Strip….not so It helps me from my life experience on the back half but not the front.

Hold your head up high man that’s not to bad and one day you will hit the strip and drop that time by .4 easy…then you will get really hungry and go down even more.

Your MPH needs to go way higher, I think though with your gearing you have to hit 5th gear. With my setup I need to only run 4 gears and can almost hit the Rev. Limiter going through the traps at almost 146mph and was doing great MPH even when I first started on the 10R.

Like I said though just practice and you will get there
post #6 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Looks like a power wheelie in the first vid with his leg still down. Im real light so they freak me out had on in 3 rd at 100+ the other day.
post #7 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

wow, you kicked my first time out.

W.F.O.ing with style will bring life back into focus
post #8 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks bloo and everyone else who responded so far. I appreciate. Lol bloo I too thought since I was a pretty bad ass street racer with the 10 I'd do good on the strip. Big difference.

I didn't feel comfy on the bike prior to staging. I felt like my feet weren't back far enough and I wasn't where I needed to be. I guess it's the 1 pc leather suit. I am going to try to go again Friday and I'd like to install the Rifle mans 1/5th so I can easily get WOT. I just gotta slip the clutch and not dump it like I did so many times. I'm sure a wheelie with a 1/5th throw will be worse.

Any one got good tips on what they try to concentrate on prior to and leading up to staging? Thanks

post #9 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

o another thing. What do you all shift at when your racing? I was shifting right at the limiter.

post #10 of 73 Old 06-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSLOW10 View Post
Thanks bloo and everyone else who responded so far. I appreciate. Lol bloo I too thought since I was a pretty bad ass street racer with the 10 I'd do good on the strip. Big difference.

I didn't feel comfy on the bike prior to staging. I felt like my feet weren't back far enough and I wasn't where I needed to be. I guess it's the 1 pc leather suit. I am going to try to go again Friday and I'd like to install the Rifle mans 1/5th so I can easily get WOT. I just gotta slip the clutch and not dump it like I did so many times. I'm sure a wheelie with a 1/5th throw will be worse.

Any one got good tips on what they try to concentrate on prior to and leading up to staging? Thanks
I wouldn't install the 1/5th yet until you have more practice....I launch around 7k but I am getting ready to go even higher since I am learning how to control this beast....What you should do is after your burn out is a practice launch slipping the clutch to the starting line...that should get you ready a little bit better and in the right mode before the real thing.

bloo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in