question about lowering - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

question about lowering

hey guys im wanting to lower the rear on my gen1 a lil more. i have the 3 hole links right now and i have the bolt in the 2nd hole "2in drop". my question is how many of you guys are runnin the 3 hole lowering links with the bolt in the 3rd hole and have anybody experience any undertail rubage or cracked oil pans from being so low ? any info anybody can share will be appreciated.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I pretty sure neverending mods had his at 3" drop and was scraping a lot, but moved to 1.5" drop and was good. I can attempt to figure out how much of a drop you can go by adjusting the height of mine, gonna take me a couple days though.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #3 of 25 Old 02-16-2012, 11:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

We have my buddies gen1 set at -3" w 8" Bolton extensions. Links are two hole (-1 & -3 according to manufacturer) and they are on the lowest setting. Drags his lower fairing a lot, and cracked the rear of the oil pan going down the highway this past summer. Going over a bridge there was a little height diff between the road and bridge. Front tire popped up a little and came down right on the rear of the oil pan. Put a huge crack in it and lost most of the oil immediately. He was real lucky cause it covered the rear tire in oil. Still set at the same height, just has to be a lot more careful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
I pretty sure neverending mods had his at 3" drop and was scraping a lot, but moved to 1.5" drop and was good. I can attempt to figure out how much of a drop you can go by adjusting the height of mine, gonna take me a couple days though.
yea i have mine set at 2inch drop and its ride fine even 2 up sometimes but wanted to go lower without f*cking up anything. hopefully neverending will see this post and chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGoodwin22 View Post
We have my buddies gen1 set at -3" w 8" Bolton extensions. Links are two hole (-1 & -3 according to manufacturer) and they are on the lowest setting. Drags his lower fairing a lot, and cracked the rear of the oil pan going down the highway this past summer. Going over a bridge there was a little height diff between the road and bridge. Front tire popped up a little and came down right on the rear of the oil pan. Put a huge crack in it and lost most of the oil immediately. He was real lucky cause it covered the rear tire in oil. Still set at the same height, just has to be a lot more careful.
wow i bet that was a scary experience i new the oil pans/header sit pretty low on these bikes from the factory so i was kinda worried if it would scrape or mess up anything bc i dont wanna mess my baby up from being so low but thx for the info.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #5 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Like I said, give me a couple days. Ill take some measurements and such, ride around and see how long I can be without scraping.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #6 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Like I said, give me a couple days. Ill take some measurements and such, ride around and see how long I can be without scraping.
ok cool... let me no.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #7 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Depends on how long ur links are... i have mine in the 3rd hole(lol) and its perfect...what ever you go with just make sure u dont rub anything...it WILL cost u ET and MPH..

Good luck!!
Go Fast!!
post #8 of 25 Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Mine was lowered 3" in the rear and 1" in the front and haven't hit the oil pan. I did hit the headers and dented 2 head pipes. I have to stand up and walk the bike over speed bumps and to get into my driveway. My lowers are hammered though.

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, im free. I need FRIESSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didnt blow a seam on your nugget box.
post #9 of 25 Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

i actually just learned something yesterday lol, how low I am can scrap over a bump. slow speed and a steep bump, but I scraped yesterday over a bump I never had on before.

post #10 of 25 Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1killer1liter View Post
Mine was lowered 3" in the rear and 1" in the front and haven't hit the oil pan. I did hit the headers and dented 2 head pipes. I have to stand up and walk the bike over speed bumps and to get into my driveway. My lowers are hammered though.
hey if you got a pic of your bike lowered could you post it bc i would like to see how your bike sits lowered 3in in the rear. the links i have are made by diamond power sports the specs on them are stock, 2in and 4in drop.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in