Proof 60ft counts for GREAT TIMES - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Proof 60ft counts for GREAT TIMES

Lets do this.

After browsing http://psychobike.com I found out in my town and racing at Sacramento Raceway there is one VERY GOOD racer everyone there and many professionals say he is awesome on SWB. In fact on my last Wed. night runs I was asking him why he wasn't racing...I know him for the strip beating a The NEW Hayabusa with an equal rider but heavier.

So, this guy rides a 2006 Gixxer and always wondered why he runs so HIGH a MPH...here is his mods and Quote at psychobike.com:

Quote:
just got home from the track, and i'm so stoked! bike is a stock 06 gsxr1000.....swb, lowered/strapped, tiforce exhaust, pc3, 89 pump, foot shifted. no crazy weight reduction or ballast, i'm 170ish suited
[email protected] 122.8

So it seems I would need alot more practice controlling a 1st Gen best off the line but here is the kicker. I took my time slip from last Wed. nights drags and found the light weight guy with Full Exhaust,PC3 was only was running .15s faster from the 1/8mile marker to the 1/4 mile which I think that is about right with his mods against mine and weight plus great start, and both ZX10R and Gixx should be at FULL throttle by then so why is his bike running 153mph? He never said what gearing so I assume he is in 5th Gear?...members that know that bike jump in please.

Not my best time from 1/8th to 1/4mile but this guy says it's because of the Air or he said DA this time of Month so a great comparison since I just ran..but think it's the gearing as well.

Here is my last time out a few days ago, and from my #s(not proud I usually can do at least a 6.5s but had clutch problems) but believe that bike is not much faster than a 10R especially with the MODs and weight diff consideration:..I have better time slips in the past but check this out my last Wed. night time:

So when I look at what this fast rider did is an Increase from the 1/8th to 1/4 mile 31.1mph and I did an Increase of 31.296 from the 1/8th to 1/4mile he did and increase of from the 1/8 to 1/4mile 3.256 compared to my 3.402s a Diff of .146s...that bike would have beat me in any situation but I find it interesting how one bike does most of the around .7 of a second damage at the start...meaning it's all done at the start to the 1/8th mile...after that the 10R is just as strong it seems....opinions please evaluate.

bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 04-17-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Think of it this way, the quicker you can make a difference in a pass the better result it will have on a run. Usually a tenth in the 60' is good for 2-3 on the overall et. Also something to consider, the quicker you cover ground, (ET) the less time you have to build mph. When I first got my bike. I ran it stock gearing, 2nd pos. on rear link, with front end lowered and strapped all the way. Dynojet generic map, muzzy m10 and tre. My first pass was [email protected] w/ I believe a 1.64 60' with me about 185 in shorts. Over time as I changed gearing and got quicker et's I started to lose mph. Along the same lines though, if you can keep the front end down early and get wot sooner, you have the possibility of quicker ets and more mph. Also, people may not think it makes a difference but how quick you shift and where you shift at can make a difference.

'06 "Corn Burner" Edition ZX10R
w/ a lot of bolt-ons
PERFORMANCE CYCLE 2 Racing

Last edited by JLAudio11; 04-17-2010 at 09:02 AM.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 02:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Lets do this.

After browsing http://psychobike.com I found out in my town and racing at Sacramento Raceway there is one VERY GOOD racer everyone there and many professionals say he is awesome on SWB. In fact on my last Wed. night runs I was asking him why he wasn't racing...I know him for the strip beating a The NEW Hayabusa with an equal rider but heavier.

So, this guy rides a 2006 Gixxer and always wondered why he runs so HIGH a MPH...here is his mods and Quote at psychobike.com:

So it seems I would need alot more practice controlling a 1st Gen best off the line but here is the kicker. I took my time slip from last Wed. nights drags and found the light weight guy with Full Exhaust,PC3 was only was running .15s faster from the 1/8mile marker to the 1/4 mile which I think that is about right with his mods against mine and weight plus great start, and both ZX10R and Gixx should be at FULL throttle by then so why is his bike running 153mph? He never said what gearing so I assume he is in 5th Gear?...members that know that bike jump in please.

Not my best time from 1/8th to 1/4mile but this guy says it's because of the Air or he said DA this time of Month so a great comparison since I just ran..but think it's the gearing as well.

Here is my last time out a few days ago, and from my #s(not proud I usually can do at least a 6.5s but had clutch problems) but believe that bike is not much faster than a 10R especially with the MODs and weight diff consideration:..I have better time slips in the past but check this out my last Wed. night time:

So when I look at what this fast rider did is an Increase from the 1/8th to 1/4 mile 31.1mph and I did an Increase of 31.296 from the 1/8th to 1/4mile he did and increase of from the 1/8 to 1/4mile 3.256 compared to my 3.402s a Diff of .146s...that bike would have beat me in any situation but I find it interesting how one bike does most of the around .7 of a second damage at the start...meaning it's all done at the start to the 1/8th mile...after that the 10R is just as strong it seems....opinions please evaluate.

bloo
His 330 times are more impressive than his 60' times, his 60 is .1 faster than you BUT his 330 is .36 faster...

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
His 330 times are more impressive than his 60' times, his 60 is .1 faster than you BUT his 330 is .36 faster...
yeah thats were its at, hes locking the throttle a ton sooner is my guess, good 60 is great to brag about but doesn't mean shit if you have to roll out or can't lock throttle. I'd rather give up some 60 to lock sooner and have a better 330 imho. The 1/8 mph is so much better on the gsxr because of this.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
good eye, I believe our member Ruthless Racing said the same thing in the past is to watch the 330.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

60 ft

bluedevil, youve been given good advise.suzukis are easier to launch, that is a fact, look at ss 1000 class. ten just as fast but harder to ride. your 60 footis decent, not your problem.your having other problems in eighth. i had a fast guy tell me to setttle down and shift 1-2 quicker, and the other gears.screaming a engine to redline feels fast, sounds fast, probably not though. find launch rpm you can pin throttle with clutch just shy of dragging, and let it go, doesnt shock the tire, chassis or you as bad. got to pin the throttle cant roll the throttle on and go fast. i was told to pin throttle, let clutch go,keep doing till it quit scaring hell out of you. my next pass felt slow,my slip was .25 faster. if you want to go fast, you will. watch closely, study fast riders. all fast passes are smoooooth, they make it look easy, its not. also,as stated gear that bike and go faster. bluedevil,race all you can, be willing to try new things, our tens are fast, they just require a lot of attention. good luck man.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
bluedevil, youve been given good advise.suzukis are easier to launch, that is a fact, look at ss 1000 class. ten just as fast but harder to ride. your 60 footis decent, not your problem.your having other problems in eighth. i had a fast guy tell me to setttle down and shift 1-2 quicker, and the other gears.screaming a engine to redline feels fast, sounds fast, probably not though. find launch rpm you can pin throttle with clutch just shy of dragging, and let it go, doesnt shock the tire, chassis or you as bad. got to pin the throttle cant roll the throttle on and go fast. i was told to pin throttle, let clutch go,keep doing till it quit scaring hell out of you. my next pass felt slow,my slip was .25 faster. if you want to go fast, you will. watch closely, study fast riders. all fast passes are smoooooth, they make it look easy, its not. also,as stated gear that bike and go faster. bluedevil,race all you can, be willing to try new things, our tens are fast, they just require a lot of attention. good luck man.
Oh yeah guy I know the Suks are easier to ride that's why I love my 10R...If I wanted easy I would extend my bike or if I want another tenth or 2 I would have done a full system and PCIII. I relate it to track guys you gain better #s by experiance and track days not MODs.

When I get my clutch adjusted properly I will try again...I already maybe by mistake because of a clutch going bad did 121mph in 1/8th and thats a True stock bike.

My point of this thread is not so much for advise but to show the Gixxer getting great #s does not mean it's a stronger bike than the 10R as my back half #s show a similar increase and shows I foot shift just as good as the other rider....what it shows to me is getting Great #s is done in the 1st gear and who gets WOT fast. I thought this was a great example to show some what happens when you do that and the results being we both are on the same track....thanks for the response.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post

My point of this thread is not so much for advise but to show the Gixxer getting great #s does not mean it's a stronger bike than the 10R as my back half #s show a similar increase and shows I foot shift just as good as the other rider....what it shows to me is getting Great #s is done in the 1st gear and who gets WOT fast. I thought this was a great example to show some what happens when you do that and the results being we both are on the same track....thanks for the response.

100% true, its sometimes hard to get people to comprehend this

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

i have an 05 zx10 & 07 gsxr1000. the zuk is WAY wasier to 60ft. when both were stock motor with similar mods the zuk netted 1/10 better 60ft & .25-.3 better et. Since I put a chromoly arm on my gixxer i have consistent low to mid 1.3x sixties

2005 zx10r- 8" over one piece swingarm, GPR stabilizer, Dragpak clutches, 530 conv, Power commander 3usb, Orient Express air shifter, No Secondaries, All short stacks, 30 shot N2O, K&N, Micron high full exhaust, Zx14 complete front brake system with ebc HH's, Dyno pending...More to come, I'm broke now!!!
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by iketerner View Post
i have an 05 zx10 & 07 gsxr1000. the zuk is WAY wasier to 60ft. when both were stock motor with similar mods the zuk netted 1/10 better 60ft & .25-.3 better et. Since I put a chromoly arm on my gixxer i have consistent low to mid 1.3x sixties
Nice....thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in