Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

performance shops

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  garth285 
#1 ·
ok guys just picked up a 06 zx-14 and am fixing to go all out on this one. i put all the stuff on my 10 and i just don't have the time to do what i'm going to do to this one. i plan on putting the 1538 kit in it racing cams, thin head gasket, basically everything possible to this thing. i live in west tn and there aren't any places i trust to do something like this. plus i want whoever does it to tune it. does anyone know of any good performance shops on this side of the country?

#2 ·
The only performance places I know of would be in Atlanta or Knoxville. Let me know if you are interested in those. You can always drop the motor and send it somewhere on a freight truck. A lot of bigtime engine builders do that.

#5 ·
what's the name of coby adams shop?

#7 ·
I don't suggest Lee's. They produce high hp bikes but I question their workmanship. When I called around trying to get some prices/numbers they just had a bunch of dim wits on the phone even when I asked to speak with someone who really knew a lot about their packages.

I think Coby Adams would make you a good engine. When it comes to building an engine, just beware of the numbers game. It took me forever to get Coby to finally admit that a ZX-10 cannot produce 185-190hp on pump gas with a 3mill bore. He finally fessed up, but he was the only builder out of about 5 others that even did that. There are some other builders if you want to send the engine off, but he's about your closest bet.

#11 ·
we get some things from them but we do in house head porting..... I'll give ya the scoop on 10r heads soon....my head will be a smaller port higher velocity head :-D

I'm sure we can get a carp head but we have a full in house machine shop so we can do what ever we want to the heads....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.