Gen 4: 2011-2015 Passes from 9/28/12 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 Old 09-29-2012, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Passes from 9/28/12

Nothing too exciting, but i'm getting a little better. This is only my 3rd trip to the drag strip on the bike as well.

Previous best with the bike being stock + a Graves full system was a [email protected] I think my 60' times were in the 2.2 range or so.

Since, i've added the wire mod, PCV, RL quickshifter, and I strapped the front.

My best time of the night was a [email protected] with a 2.08 60'.

My goal is 9.99 before I stretch it and spray it. Nitrous kit is sitting in my room :( . I know the bike has it in it, I just need the large testicle mod.

As you can see, i'm not anywhere near wide open in first gear and I am riding the clutch a LOT further than it felt like I was.

Advice would be great lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

you need to forget about nos for a while, at this point having more power isn't going to make you go any quicker. It almost looks like you're not comfortable enough with the bike, just take your time and get used to it, keep trying to go wot sooner with each pass and see how it is, it'll take time, if you're persistent enough you'll get there.

Last edited by thundercoupe9; 09-30-2012 at 05:45 AM.
post #3 of 30 Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
you need to forget about nos for a while, at this point having more power isn't going to make you go any quicker. It almost looks like you're not comfortable enough with the bike, just take your time and get used to it, keep trying to go wot sooner with each pass and see how it is, it'll take time, if you're persistent enough you'll get there.
your bike is well capable of runin 9's with the mods you have just take seat time man. work on gettin them rpms up and gettin the clutch out ALOT sooner without lettin the engine bog and you'll see that 60 and et times start to drop.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 09-30-2012, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree. I'm not going to be adding anything else to mask my poor launching abilities. That's why I made a goal for myself first.

Hahaha at the semi thing. I'm more afraid of looping it than anything else honestly.
post #5 of 30 Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

That was the same thing I was scared of. Every time I grew a set of nuts, I would wheelie real bad an then I'd be timid the next couple of runs. I'm getting better with seat time just like you will.
post #6 of 30 Old 10-02-2012, 09:56 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you have a picture of the strap on the bike?

Where do you have the TC set?

Large testical mod I need

My biggest fear right now is looping.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #7 of 30 Old 10-02-2012, 10:15 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

That's why I stopped drag racing I just suck at it! best pass I could manage was a 10.6 with PCIII and full Muzzy on my Gen 1. I would wheelie straight of the damn line and scare the shit outta me, and go right back to staging lanes to repeat haha! Seat time and finding that throttle point with clutch control is all you need. Good luck to you bro!!!!!

I got decent but not enough to be good, but......I'm a way better kneedragger and for me waaaay more fun putting all 170 ponies to work and scraping knee pucks and toe sliders!
post #8 of 30 Old 10-02-2012, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage05 View Post
That was the same thing I was scared of. Every time I grew a set of nuts, I would wheelie real bad an then I'd be timid the next couple of runs. I'm getting better with seat time just like you will.
Thanks. Yep as always, practice makes perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realpsi View Post
Do you have a picture of the strap on the bike?

Where do you have the TC set?

Large testical mod I need

My biggest fear right now is looping.

I'll get a picture of the strap for you. I just used regular radial mounts and a strap from mps.

TC was set on 2 and it was definitely getting put to work. You can hear it quite a bit if you listen for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer0369 View Post
That's why I stopped drag racing I just suck at it! best pass I could manage was a 10.6 with PCIII and full Muzzy on my Gen 1. I would wheelie straight of the damn line and scare the shit outta me, and go right back to staging lanes to repeat haha! Seat time and finding that throttle point with clutch control is all you need. Good luck to you bro!!!!!

I got decent but not enough to be good, but......I'm a way better kneedragger and for me waaaay more fun putting all 170 ponies to work and scraping knee pucks and toe sliders!
Same. I've done a ton of track days but I can't afford it currently. Dropping $500 for a weekend, missing work, and possibly injuring myself while in school cannot be done. The drag strip is only 15 minutes away from my house though :) .
post #9 of 30 Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

TC2 I bet it was getting a workout. 148mph is a great speed considering the TC setting. I would be very pleasd with that considering my skill level

Pictures of the route at the top would be great.

I'm thinking strap and the soupys link will be the extent of my drag race setup.

2011 ZX10R
2012 FZ6R
2012 TU250X
2013 ZX6R
2017 GSX-R1000R
post #10 of 30 Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

still movin out pretty well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in