The Old Days time Slip LOL - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

The Old Days time Slip LOL

At my work there is a guy that owns a Suk 2002 TL1000R and we always talk when I go through security. He knows I have done some drag racing and really loves his bike he thinks it's a torque monster and wanted to try the drag strip I give him credit for that a big guy as well....he finally did it and got [email protected]

He did it but still he is trying to justify his 12s 1/4mile time being pure stock against my first time ever....so I brought my very old Time Slips with my 1999 ZX9r piped and jetted(by me.) but Stock Height like him and we weigh the same and both of us knew nothing about drag racing. I knew most of my life how to spank a bike on the street but the Drag Strip is a whole New Animal......check out my terminal speed on one of my first times drag racing back in 2002.....it's clear by the time slip I always do well if it's a Roll-on I get the maximuim speed possible for the mods.

Anyway when I showed him I have been as fast as 121mph with a photocket.com time slip link I posted.

in only the 1/8th mile he started looking at my bike again and confused how can that be to his terminal 1/4 mile speed less than what I did with my bike in only half the distance(1/8th mile) it's a Torque Monster.

fun stuff and just fun memories my first times out on a ZX9R PIC and even my first time out on the ZX10R was in the 11s I had no idea how to launch good....here it is my first times time slip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5478.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	148045  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Chickenstrip Eater

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to SUPER K
Nice! I've hit the strip a total of once, got the slips somewhere, pretty horrible launch.They givin you a seniors discount at the strip yet?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o45/josh10r/IMG_0144-1-1-1.jpg
Sent from your mom's IPhone using dirty fingers
post #3 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 02:29 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER K View Post
Nice! I've hit the strip a total of once, got the slips somewhere, pretty horrible launch.They givin you a seniors discount at the strip yet?
Not yet....I wish they would just feel sorry for me and give at least a discount....but not going to happen as I get older and getting better times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Not yet....I wish they would just feel sorry for me and give at least a discount....but not going to happen as I get older and getting better times
Well I can at least help you out on getting a discount (or free stuff) at Starbucks, here's how it works:
Milk is well over $6 / gallon in some parts of the country, from what I gather.

I think I pay about $9 / gallon for my preferred brand of milk because I like to buy the organic stuff. ($4.50 for 1/2 gallon)

However, Starbucks (and most other coffee establishments) leave infinite milk out for customers to customize / finish their drinks.
Even though milk may be cheaper than $6 / gallon at your local grocery store, it sure isn't FREE. The FREE milk offered at coffee places is the secret here so listen up Blue.
So, suppose you want an Iced Latte. Starbucks typically make this drink very simply:

-Espresso
-Ice
-Milk

Suppose you want a Venti / Large. The cost is about $3.85, and a Venti iced latte has 3 espresso shots. Now suppose you want an extra shot, to make up for the fact that the Starbucks pushbutton machine is serving up weak espresso shots. The cost goes up by about $0.50, for a grand total of more than $4, since it seems difficult to leave Starbucks without spending over $4.
Now repeat after me:

"I'll have a quad-shot espresso poured over ice in a venti cup"

Remember, you can get all the free milk you want, turning your iced espresso drink into a latte at no added cost.

Grand total: $2.50 !!!!

For this price, you could easily add a flavored syrup (~$0.25) and still make out like a bandit. But, realize you are not doing anything shady / dodgy / wrong (morally or legally). You are merely ordering off of their menu and helping yourself to the free milk or a discount as you will.

Unfortunately, this will only work with iced espresso drinks, because for hot drinks they steam the milk. But, for those hot summer days an iced latte is a nice refreshment. I prefer mine with some mocha. And when the order is done you can still (at no cost) request extra chocolate shavings in a seperate cup.

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #5 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 03:18 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

lol, i can't wait to get my bike running so i can hit the track
post #6 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 03:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post
Well I can at least help you out on getting a discount (or free stuff) at Starbucks, here's how it works:

I think I pay about $9 / gallon for my preferred brand of milk because I like to buy the organic stuff. ($4.50 for 1/2 gallon)

However, Starbucks (and most other coffee establishments) leave infinite milk out for customers to customize / finish their drinks.
Even though milk may be cheaper than $6 / gallon at your local grocery store, it sure isn't FREE. The FREE milk offered at coffee places is the secret here so listen up Blue.
So, suppose you want an Iced Latte. Starbucks typically make this drink very simply:

-Espresso
-Ice
-Milk

Suppose you want a Venti / Large. The cost is about $3.85, and a Venti iced latte has 3 espresso shots. Now suppose you want an extra shot, to make up for the fact that the Starbucks pushbutton machine is serving up weak espresso shots. The cost goes up by about $0.50, for a grand total of more than $4, since it seems difficult to leave Starbucks without spending over $4.
Now repeat after me:

Remember, you can get all the free milk you want, turning your iced espresso drink into a latte at no added cost.

For this price, you could easily add a flavored syrup (~$0.25) and still make out like a bandit. But, realize you are not doing anything shady / dodgy / wrong (morally or legally). You are merely ordering off of their menu and helping yourself to the free milk or a discount as you will.

Unfortunately, this will only work with iced espresso drinks, because for hot drinks they steam the milk. But, for those hot summer days an iced latte is a nice refreshment. I prefer mine with some mocha. And when the order is done you can still (at no cost) request extra chocolate shavings in a seperate cup.

post #7 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static IP View Post

-Espresso
-Ice
-Milk

Now repeat after me:

Haha great tip lol.... to bad i dont like coffee

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
post #8 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
Come on Rafa. i am sure starbucks has more to offer than just coffee. What say Static IP?
post #9 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Starbucks Connoisseur

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
Well.. I guess now's a time to start :)

09' Ice Blended Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
10' Venti Mocha Latte spilled some of it, was too hot
11' Peppermint Mocha W/Extra Shot of Espresso
12' Eggnog Venti Latte
13' Bagel
14' Standard Drip (since a Venti latte went up 20 cents)

post #10 of 15 Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

haha i like frappuccino if that helps lol

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in