Nitrous guys, show me your gearing - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 Old 11-24-2009, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Nitrous guys, show me your gearing

I'm about to take the dive on a nitrous kit and spray bar and I wanted to see what everyone was running as far as front/rear sprockets go. My previous setup was -1,+3 with a 190 Shenko but I think I want to go more aggressive this time.

Bike will be primarily raced at the local 1/8th mile with the occasional trip to the 1/4 and will see some roll on street action against some high hp cars from time to time.

will -1,+6 be too much?

2006 Kawasaki ZX10R: Currently down for repairs after performing the "Rear End A Car Mod"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 11-24-2009, 11:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I think I'm gonna go -1 and +8 on my 08, which is 16/49. I'll have it out about 5" and be used for primarily my local 1/8th mile, but will be able to run 1/4. I may have to go to the stock front sprocket depending on how large a shot I eventually put on it.
post #3 of 45 Old 11-24-2009, 11:50 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtendMy10R View Post
I'm about to take the dive on a nitrous kit and spray bar and I wanted to see what everyone was running as far as front/rear sprockets go. My previous setup was -1,+3 with a 190 Shenko but I think I want to go more aggressive this time.

Bike will be primarily raced at the local 1/8th mile with the occasional trip to the 1/4 and will see some roll on street action against some high hp cars from time to time.

will -1,+6 be too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I think I'm gonna go -1 and +8 on my 08, which is 16/49. I'll have it out about 5" and be used for primarily my local 1/8th mile, but will be able to run 1/4. I may have to go to the stock front sprocket depending on how large a shot I eventually put on it.
wow yall are crazy!!!! you dont need that much gear guys..... depending on how much you weigh and what is done to your bike makes a big deal on the gearing not to mention how big of a shot your using !!!

*Extendmy10r your going to waste your money on a spray bar setup !!!! They dont work that great unless your using a wet system and to be honest we have made more power with single foggers then the spray bars have!!!!

The Blue 10 that runs out of are shop has a single fogger and it makes 180hp plus !!!! and yea its a street bike!!!!

J-N-M Motorsports home of the fastest ZX-10's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 Old 11-25-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Flea View Post
wow yall are crazy!!!! you dont need that much gear guys..... depending on how much you weigh and what is done to your bike makes a big deal on the gearing not to mention how big of a shot your using !!!

*Extendmy10r your going to waste your money on a spray bar setup !!!! They dont work that great unless your using a wet system and to be honest we have made more power with single foggers then the spray bars have!!!!

The Blue 10 that runs out of are shop has a single fogger and it makes 180hp plus !!!! and yea its a street bike!!!!
Enlighten us then man! I'm here to hear other's experience. Here's my setup:

195 lb rider
06 10R
Roaring Toyz Slip on
BMC Race Filter
Stretched/Lowered (gonna call you about the swingarm)
Wet Nitrous kit with GSXR1300 spray bar (ordering this week actually)
PCIII
Butterflies removed.

I'm looking into a ported head and cams potentially but plan on keeping the stop bottom end and spraying a 40 shot. Gimme some input!

2006 Kawasaki ZX10R: Currently down for repairs after performing the "Rear End A Car Mod"
post #5 of 45 Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Flea View Post

I'm 300lbs in boxers hence the gearing. Not to mention it will be a long time, if ever, before it sees nitrous.

I agree though, spray bars are junk.
post #6 of 45 Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtendMy10R View Post
Enlighten us then man! I'm here to hear other's experience. Here's my setup:

195 lb rider
06 10R
Roaring Toyz Slip on
BMC Race Filter
Stretched/Lowered (gonna call you about the swingarm)
Wet Nitrous kit with GSXR1300 spray bar (ordering this week actually)
PCIII
Butterflies removed.

I'm looking into a ported head and cams potentially but plan on keeping the stop bottom end and spraying a 40 shot. Gimme some input!
sounds like your on the right path we will talk more when you call

post #7 of 45 Old 11-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I'm 300lbs in boxers hence the gearing. Not to mention it will be a long time, if ever, before it sees nitrous.

I agree though, spray bars are junk.
well if your going to run on motor then you would be fine with that gearing

post #8 of 45 Old 11-29-2009, 07:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i just pulled my motor so i dont mind telling my setup..here we go,keep in mind im 190 suited

11 over stock
penske double clicker
spyder nitrous=40 shot
stock motor
billet basket
air shifter
akra evo II ti
bmc filter
pump gas
pc III
bolt ons galore...u get my point

i run 2- 2+ for nitrous and was running in the 5.5x's in the 1/8 and my motor gear was 3- 4+ and was running in the 5.7x's and nobody could touch this bike in my area.like flea said the weight and setup are key..i could ride my boys 1000 and go a tenth faster just cause of weight.u need a good map also.i run the mini nos controller and it works flawlessly every fuckin time.going fast isnt cheap either if u wana run with the big boys u gota spend the $$$$$$$$$
post #9 of 45 Old 11-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-sik-r View Post
i just pulled my motor so i dont mind telling my setup..here we go,keep in mind im 190 suited

11 over stock
penske double clicker
spyder nitrous=40 shot
stock motor
billet basket
air shifter
akra evo II ti
bmc filter
pump gas
pc III
bolt ons galore...u get my point

i run 2- 2+ for nitrous and was running in the 5.5x's in the 1/8 and my motor gear was 3- 4+ and was running in the 5.7x's and nobody could touch this bike in my area.like flea said the weight and setup are key..i could ride my boys 1000 and go a tenth faster just cause of weight.u need a good map also.i run the mini nos controller and it works flawlessly every fuckin time.going fast isnt cheap either if u wana run with the big boys u gota spend the $$$$$$$$$
yea money makes speed !!!!!!

post #10 of 45 Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Yeah i would have really thought that -1 +6 would be way too much. I was -1 +2 for the motor. but when i put a 38 shot on it. i went back to just -1. and it seemed about just right. only went a [email protected] though. and i'm about 150 suited. had alot of clutch and tire problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in