New Members in this section >2006 Please Read. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 10-15-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

New Members in this section >2006 Please Read.

Yes if your newer than a 2006member here and drag race a few suggestions and history lesson when it comes to Drag Racing and starting Threads I see a big trend of it happening....NOT taking the TIME to POST TIME SLIPS!!!!! YES, some of us POST TIME SLIPS and Video to Boot but some of you come on here saying I did this and that NOT valid without Time Slips and to be honest should not be on the Fastest Time thread without them but it's not site controlled so don't really care. :headshake

This is not an official Sticky yet but some just come here and spout out #s it's best to show REAL proof.

I will post the real thread for the next one that has an issue with this too why it's important.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

83 (edit) VIEWS AND NO REPLIES...

Listen guys this goes way back this site in racing many coming on here claiming this and that and things got heated false claims etc..... Then a Thread was created called "time slips" to keep everyone in check meaning don't spout out #s show proof.

Just saying please take the time to post your Time Slips like many do here already the old timers know what went down back in the early days some come here and take NO time to post anything other than text in ASCII and call it true

That is all happy times

Bluedevil

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #3 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Agreed. I am an attention where so u never have to worry about me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookmaster30 View Post
Agreed. I am an attention where so u never have to worry about me
We don't worry about you Cook you can post in ASCII anytime

Bloo

post #5 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hope I'm not thread jacking too bad, but can we make proof mandatory for a lot more things too? All the fast knee draggers should have to show some proof of ability too Worn knee pucks, and lack of chicken strips do not count. Maybe a pic of a bike, on an actual track, without a giant N sticker on it

*this is somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat true all at the same time *

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #6 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Hope I'm not thread jacking too bad, but can we make proof mandatory for a lot more things too? All the fast knee draggers should have to show some proof of ability too Worn knee pucks, and lack of chicken strips do not count. Maybe a pic of a bike, on an actual track, without a giant N sticker on it

*this is somewhat sarcastic, and somewhat true all at the same time *
Teeks stop being an Ass I know your trying to stir Drag strip is different there is a start time and end time for all by a timing device and not all tracks are the same but it's easy for others to decipher what a run is about based on many factors.

bloo

post #7 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sorry, that was inappropriate, my apologies. I really was not trying to turn your thread to bad though. I do often wonder sometimes who I may be really taking advice from though. That was the premise of the serious side though.

I do get what you mean about time slips though, seriously. I used to drag cars back in the day, and I have had my bike to the strip enough times to know I am not any good at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #8 of 23 Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeks View Post
Sorry, that was inappropriate, my apologies. I really was not trying to turn your thread to bad though. I do often wonder sometimes who I may be really taking advice from though. That was the premise of the serious side though.

I do get what you mean about time slips though, seriously. I used to drag cars back in the day, and I have had my bike to the strip enough times to know I am not any good at it.
No worries I don't want this thread to sound serious just a wake up call post a time slip though on your bike I bet it's more legit because the ones that don't post anything is just that a Zero time.
PS....I still consider myself a part time not very fast racer but get PMs one very high now on the thread for Fastest racers asking me for advice. I suspect it was because they knew I was a heavy guy with almost stock bike, old, high mileage, short and still fast.

bloo

post #9 of 23 Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Static Ip needs to show proof ASAP.

15 Camaro Z/28
16 BMW M5
Former bikes: 07 R1/08 10R/10 S1000rr/11 10R
post #10 of 23 Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

next year when i start doing drags i'll be sure to post the slips, just for you ;) normally i just go round n round though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in