Gen 4: 2011-2015 New Guy with some 1/4 times & Sprocket questions. - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 Old 10-10-2016, 08:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

actually extending that swingarm to close to 70' will overleverage the stk ten shock, good cheap option is busa shock, got one i will donate to u for shipping. 60's and et will fall with that setup. good seat to lock u in place will raise confidence level to leave higher/harder. arm, shock and seat probably ur best options to go quite a bit faster. all u lack to run fast and consistient is chassis/clutch work.

Last edited by gazx10; 10-10-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 Old 10-10-2016, 12:47 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'd be more than happy to take that shock off your hands. Send me a message with your paypal details and i'll send some $$ your way for shipping and your generosity.
Any recommendations on a seat? I've thought about buying a tore up one on ebay and having it redone with thing foam with a back step, or, going with a composite one. Either way, i think it'd be about $100.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, side winder, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+4, velocity stacks, little spray, nos mini.....
MORE TO COME
post #33 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 02:02 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
i'm having a hard enough time keeping the front down as it is. Next season, the bike should be fitted with a 10-14 swingarm and maybe i'll soften up the rear preload a bit, to get a bit more sag.
Hey bud this is Anthony on the gen4 u raced at woodburn. I'll tell u want man I found some really cool trick to get faster. Still rocking 16 46 sprockets and it's perfect. Mid 6th gear and 151mph traps at 210lbs. I also picked up another "get this" 4-5mph l shot u not. All I did was gut the stock intake tube and paired it to the mwr full race filter. I swear that filter added 8-10whp. I know it doesn't make sense but it worked. And I'm installing autotune this week hopefully to see where I'm at with afr so I can dial it perfect. Still rockimg u4.4 gas as well. Going out next Sunday to shoot for that elusive 8.9 run. Still hovering in the 9.3-9.4 area. Gonna get crazy on my launch this time. Was at 8-9k but now I'm gonna hit it at 10-11k. The 1.58-1.63s just aren't cutting it. Lol. Hit me up brotha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 08:44 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver-311 View Post
Hey bud this is Anthony on the gen4 u raced at woodburn. I'll tell u want man I found some really cool trick to get faster. Still rocking 16 46 sprockets and it's perfect. Mid 6th gear and 151mph traps at 210lbs. I also picked up another "get this" 4-5mph l shot u not. All I did was gut the stock intake tube and paired it to the mwr full race filter. I swear that filter added 8-10whp. I know it doesn't make sense but it worked. And I'm installing autotune this week hopefully to see where I'm at with afr so I can dial it perfect. Still rockimg u4.4 gas as well. Going out next Sunday to shoot for that elusive 8.9 run. Still hovering in the 9.3-9.4 area. Gonna get crazy on my launch this time. Was at 8-9k but now I'm gonna hit it at 10-11k. The 1.58-1.63s just aren't cutting it. Lol. Hit me up brotha.
Are you running this filter?

http://www.racingairfilters.eu/data/...0-%20kopie.JPG

4-5mph is something that I wanna get too lol. Was your 151 traps with that new filter and on u4.4? Any other info on your bike?

I was able to run some 8.8's and 8.9's a few weekends ago in good cold MN October air trapping high 152 to low 153 on pump gas. I'm about 200lbs suited and felt like I was hitting the limiter on the -1/+7 sprockets so went to -1/+6 and seemed to do a bit better.
post #35 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 10:04 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

i run no air filter when at the strip, like driver i gutted ram air tubes. i'm tuned that way on oxy fuel.

Last edited by gazx10; 10-24-2016 at 10:10 AM.
post #36 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 11:57 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

The bike is a simple setup. Extensions maxed out with 16 46 525 sprockets. Graves/cat delete, mwr Sbk "$280", filter and worth every penny. It's the inverted design that works so well. Helps all cylinders get maximum even flow, gutted intake tube and lowered about an 2 inches. I also modded the stock seat down as well as lowered the foot pegs. Gonna install bazzaz/autotune in next day or two and tune for mr12 for last race of year this Sunday. Been running u4.4 on just a flash. But we race at 2700ft at firebird raceway. So bikes rich no doubt and why the intake mods helped so much probably leaning it out some. We will see soon how much the afr tune and mr12 help.
gazx10 likes this.
post #37 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 01:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
i run no air filter when at the strip, like driver i gutted ram air tubes. i'm tuned that way on oxy fuel.
I thought about running no air filter at the track but just get too nervous to do it. Do you usually pick up much by running no filter vs say a bmc race or equivalent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver-311 View Post
The bike is a simple setup. Extensions maxed out with 16 46 525 sprockets. Graves/cat delete, mwr Sbk "$280", filter and worth every penny. It's the inverted design that works so well. Helps all cylinders get maximum even flow, gutted intake tube and lowered about an 2 inches. I also modded the stock seat down as well as lowered the foot pegs. Gonna install bazzaz/autotune in next day or two and tune for mr12 for last race of year this Sunday. Been running u4.4 on just a flash. But we race at 2700ft at firebird raceway. So bikes rich no doubt and why the intake mods helped so much probably leaning it out some. We will see soon how much the afr tune and mr12 help.
Sounds like a pretty sweet setup! If you don't mind sharing, what'd you run and trap before the filter/gutted intake and what'd you run after?

I have my stock intake gutted too and can see how that filter could make a difference. Back when I worked at a car shop, my boss picked up 25hp on his dsm just by changing out his small, shitty, old air filter for a new and much bigger filter.
post #38 of 40 Old 10-24-2016, 10:12 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

144-145mph consistantly at our local track.
post #39 of 40 Old 10-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey Anthony-
just saw your posts. I'm running a BMC race filter, took the added parts out of the airbox (pre-filter screen thing). Not sure how much gutting of the intake I can do. Aside from the air inlet wrapping around the frame, it's pretty much a straight shot into the airbox. My box doesn't have actual "ram tubes" like the old ZX9's.

I now have a 15/46 setup, also my gen 3 will be getting a Thompson 10-14 swingarm and slammerz fork cartridges and a busa rear shock.

I'm sure some u4.4 will find it's way in my tank as well.

With the current tune i'm running, even with the u4.4, my afr stayed consistent at 13.5:1

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, side winder, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+4, velocity stacks, little spray, nos mini.....
MORE TO COME
post #40 of 40 Old 10-25-2016, 11:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hell ya that's gonna pull hard. Should be top of 6th. Have u had it on the dyno yet? I can't wait to get the auto tune on there this week and dial the afr in on mr12 for Sunday's last race. I'd really like to hit 8.9 on last day of year or atleast better my [email protected] We shall see soon enough. Is ur season over there as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in