my winter plans...looking for advise - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

my winter plans...looking for advise

so this winter I'm looking to get my bike (08 zx) down to a 9.1-9.0 bike. i have a full brocks alien head, flashed ecu, geared -1+4 and a pc3. this winter i have the kawi cam, and thin hg. im planning on getting it tuned by schnitz, swapping the pc3 for a pcv and running an air shifter and a small shot of juice.. im leaning toward the mps shifter and mps spyder kit. does anyone have experience with either kit or tips on a different direction to go? i hit a 9.5 this year at my one trip to the quarter mile track. you guys think this will be enough to hit 9.1s? or 5.xx in the 1/8th

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I would use performance first spray bar with nitrous express solenoid. They work awesome. And he will give u crazy support the whole time this guy would even hit me up on my fb to make sure I was happy after going to track. I would go with the orient express next up. U can kill by gear. Which will help drop et. Cause u need very little kill compared to an mps box. Which only had one setting. My ? Is y go to the pc5. Leave the USB and add a module and hub if u need. U do the air shifter the gasket the cam and real good tune u won't need nitrous to go 9.0.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #3 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanedisel View Post
I would use performance first spray bar with nitrous express solenoid. They work awesome. And he will give u crazy support the whole time this guy would even hit me up on my fb to make sure I was happy after going to track. I would go with the orient express next up. U can kill by gear. Which will help drop et. Cause u need very little kill compared to an mps box. Which only had one setting. My ? Is y go to the pc5. Leave the USB and add a module and hub if u need. U do the air shifter the gasket the cam and real good tune u won't need nitrous to go 9.0.

thanks for the quick reply the only reason i want to switch to a pcv is so i can tune on a different fuel, for the track. just not sure what yet

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

With the hub u can store two maps at the flick of a switch for 160.00

post #5 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks a lot bean, i never knew that. thats why i made this thred. i appreciate the info

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #6 of 17 Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

No sweat bud I luv tryin to help fellow tens fly. When h start to set it up hit me up I have some info that will help

post #7 of 17 Old 12-04-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

thanks again bean. i looked into the multi hub and think im going to go that route. any recomendations on clutch work? not looking for anything crazy as its a street and strip bike but looking to get as much out of it as i can and still ride it on the street

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #8 of 17 Old 12-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I still use either stick oem steels n fibers or. Cycle concepts drag paks. On my daily rider I use the six heavy springs and a up to three gsxr valve springs as needed. On nitrous u want a min if three valve springs and go up to all six depending in weight and power

post #9 of 17 Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've used the spray bar and the spyder and hands down the spyder is a better system.i used both on two diff bikes,I couldn't get the bike with the spray bar to run a number falling out of an airplane.if you want a good solenoid get the pulsoid from either Schnitz or HTP...it's the absolute best on the market and will never fail...OTHERS WILL.as far as controllers go there is a lot of diff options..I loved the mini nos. a lot of guys like the two dial too. If your gonna do cams you might as well throw retainers and springs in while your there if you plan on spraying,zx10's love to spit shims on the rev limiter.good luck with your build

2008 ZX-10r 68" Dime Piece BST wheels
Authorized Woolich Tuner - FLASHED BY SIK
post #10 of 17 Old 12-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Zx are u talking about the wizard of nos pulsoid. I personally have gone the fastest with the bar. As far as controllers I agree tgere a lot of good ones but the modotek is by far the best in my opinion. But hey what do I know

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in