My quarter times - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Smile My quarter times

I've got a Micron full system, custom map commander, -2 front, lowered 3" on 2004 zx10r

Best I ever ran 10.2 at 138mph in the quarter, that was near perfect reaction and horrible 60ft (1.89) I don't have a ton of seat time yet but have raced about 30-40 times down the quarter on my 10. A buddy of mine ran a 10.2 then a 10.02 on my bike, said he could get in the nines with a couple more runs but I wanted to save my clutch for another day! He is about 40lbs lighter than me and has raced his Busa tons! He has been in the high 8s on it(BUSA) low 9s w/o nitrous.

Buddy on the Busa, Me on my ol zx6. Don't have any pics on the 10 racin yet.....I'll get some in a few weeks well be out there!
Attached Images
  

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 05-14-2008, 06:29 PM
GP Star
 
tone.r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CIN-OHIO
Posts: 2,297
Posting Frequency
  
keep going you will get faster an faster.

Tone.R {checkmate}
Do what makes u happy whatever it is.....Roberson Racing
tone.r is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2008, 06:55 AM
GP Rider
 
wpbzx-10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: West palm beach,FL
Posts: 1,447
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
     
Send a message via AIM to wpbzx-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone.r View Post
keep going you will get faster an faster.
sweet man i am looking to get into the 9s tomm when i go to the track
wpbzx-10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2008, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbzx-10 View Post
sweet man i am looking to get into the 9s tomm when i go to the track
oh yes I am lookin forward to racing in the next few weeks, My goal this summer is mid 9s. I think I can do it with a little more seat time. long as my clutch can hold out, that seems to take the most abuse when drag racing. Does anyone have any info or knowledge of the best, longest lasting clutch for drag racing?
A friend of mine has gone through 4 clutches on his '06 gsxr 1K in a year and a half.....

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 05-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
oh yes I am lookin forward to racing in the next few weeks, My goal this summer is mid 9s. I think I can do it with a little more seat time. long as my clutch can hold out, that seems to take the most abuse when drag racing. Does anyone have any info or knowledge of the best, longest lasting clutch for drag racing?
A friend of mine has gone through 4 clutches on his '06 gsxr 1K in a year and a half.....
That's the problem you listen to your Busa friend who said "said he could get in the nines with a couple more runs but I wanted to save my clutch for another day!"

The stock clutch/OEM is the BEST PERIOD...only other makers on other bikes need to worry about clutch failure most of the time. The ZX10R can take it and I am only on my second clutch with 20k miles and for sure much more passes than you have right now before my clutch went out. So, what I'm saying is just ride the thing and don't compare other bikes to a ZX10R as far as clutch the others can't compare. ......good luck on your times in the future

bloo

Last edited by bluedevil; 05-15-2008 at 11:53 PM.
bluedevil is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40
Posting Frequency
 
tarck #'s

Its all about the seat time!!!!
trc691100 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20 years: Less than .5 second gain in quarter mile??? Plecostomus The ZX-10R 16 07-12-2017 05:52 PM
cool quarter trick crash skidmark Pictures and Videos 14 09-01-2007 01:58 AM
New best time in the quarter scottymizt Race and Stunt 16 09-11-2006 03:21 PM
Heads UP Quarter Mile 1/4 mile times olec4 Race and Stunt 9 03-03-2006 06:52 AM
Quarter mile times splatmaster Performance and Tech 8 08-26-2005 05:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome