Motorcycle Drags

When: Sunday, Oct 7, 2012

Where: Sacramento Raceway (map)

Description: Racing for all Motorcycles

Gates Open: 8:00 AM
Eliminations: 10:00 AM
Pit Admission: $20 per person

#2 ·
What's up Jeremy?..... I will be there you know I love Motorcycle ONLY DRAG events :wink: Think I will buy a new chain just for this event too makes a good excuse. :idea: :cool:

Wonder what happened I heard there was none that was going to happen this year.

Madness I know you been going through some stuff but still would like to see you and crew even Weatly :lol:

#3 ·
This is the best event of the year for us in Cali and we usually have people coming from other states and I would love to see some of you! there will be many classes for you to run, Also Im having my own class for all those grudge racers too,
It's a heads up class
street tire
no wheelie bars
$200 buy in
Winners takes all
( If by any chance you decide to run this class and dont want people to know you're gonna run it, you can pm me and will take care of that)

#5 ·
Awesome!!!! Would be cool if other members show up racing or not. :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

#9 ·
Shorty, whats your plan on going up there for this?

#19 ·
Hey OP We're taking 4 bikes and leaving saturday morning, Wanna go hit me up I went to Irwindale 3 times in row to give you your bag pack but you havent made it to the track.
Forgot to add if you need a place to crash let me know don't have a big house but many great leather couches and a Full service garage. :wink: I will keep the dogs outside so they don't bite your toes off at night. :lol: I will probably be up all night setting the bike up and packing I am a procrastinator :badteeth::thumbsup:

bloo

#11 ·
Im planning on hitting Irwindale this Thursday. I never went because I had setup for a trackday. I like to do the every-other week rotation for racing. I was going to go last week, but it rained so I said the hell with it and stayed home. If you come this week, we can talk through everything and Ill see if I can go for it. If not, we can meet up and figure it out some other time

#14 ·
Great additions to the Madness Team and to Team Kawasaki! Hope to see you guys there.

#17 ·
Yep....can't wait :thumbsup: I was hoping to get practice this Wed. but looks like ~100 deg temps :badteeth:

#23 ·
Weather is going to be in the low 80's!

#24 ·
yeah but if it's between 5-10 it will cool down real nice too :wink:

#25 ·
You guys will probably be able to put down some better numbers starting around 7 or 8.

#26 ·
Madness still hasn't reported back when TNT starts he is checking....but agree should be good #s around 8 or so.

bloo

#29 ·
Well that sucks no practice for me I guess my son has a Soccer game at 12 can't miss that his team is undefeated :cool: so as I support him he will support me the next day.....we will be there on Sunday. :thumbsup:

#28 ·
Just saw the forecast, 77* on sunday! Racing starts at 10 am.

BlueD, I started the ram tubes. Just need the clamps and they will be done.

#30 ·
Does anybody have a camp bbq they can bring? I can bring some bratwurst and chips. We can make it a little party.

#31 ·
Yeah bud I always bring the Hibachi and cook some burgers/Hot dogs..no worries. :wink:

#32 ·
What time are you going out there Rick? I'll bring some brats and chips.

#33 ·
Well I had fun as I always do at Motorcycle only Racing.

The night before I wasn’t even sure if I would be able to race I needed to prep the bike the day before like adding my racing rim that has different gearing and other things like cleaning, removing license plate, straps etc etc.

During the prep I found my chain has a Tight Spot meaning when you turn the wheel on the rear stand it gets tight in a certain spot. Then I noticed my front tire was bald in the center I guess those 1k runs back and forth to LA wore it down fast and didn’t notice it :badteeth: Then I still needed a chain guard 18” long so had to fabricate something fast. Then fell victim to the famous slow down off the kickstand and the bike fell down and broke my shift peg in half….I was up to 1;30am(edit 1:30am) to make the race where testing started at 10:00am. :badteeth: I swapped the pegs from right to left to at least have something, built a chain guard loosen the chain a lot to make sure that tight spot or what ever it was didn’t rob to much HP.

And to my surprised passed Tech got to do many runs with little problems(unless you count running out of gas on one of them :helmet: and also got a New personal best today as well.

Was nice meeting up with 07zx10rRider, Madness of course and hanging out with 1killer1litter. :thumbsup:

Bloo

#34 ·
Running out of gas on the strip was a first for you also!

I decided to run the 5/10's tree and red lighted all but 3 passes. I guess I'm getting used to running the pro tree. Pulled only a single 9.94 pass.

It was fun hanging with Bloo and Madness. It was geat to meet another member here - 07zx10rider.

#35 ·
Running out of gas on the strip was a first for you also!
Have you seen the price of gas lately? :heyyou::lol:

Another first was when my son and his friend heard over the load speaker "this runner is a local drag strip guy from the ZX10R forums called Bluedevil" then they ran from our tent area to make sure they didn't miss the race... they knew they had to be talking about me and was getting ready to run....I thought it was Madness that told them about my username here but I was WRONG it was a long time track member there I am sure he is also a Member on this site just not active anymore he doesn't have a 10r anymore .......but that was a 1st that I know of too. :cool:

Of course Shorty was spoken all day long on the Speaker :thumbsup: Who won your event Madness?

Bloo

#37 ·
I had a great time out there with you guys and I'm glad we met up. I cant tell you how surprised I was to make it passed the first round let alone win the whole thing! Crazy! Ill add the pix you saw blueD here for everyone that was there to enjoy.:eek:ccasion1

Attachments

#38 ·
I had a great time out there with you guys and I'm glad we met up. I cant tell you how surprised I was to make it passed the first round let alone win the whole thing! Crazy! Ill add the pix you saw blueD here for everyone that was there to enjoy.:eek:ccasion1
Cool but you forgot one Pic :wink:

Attachments

#39 ·
not strapping it bloo?

#40 ·
I think in that pic it was strapped but funny you mentioned that it maybe one of the runs I forgot to tighten the strap noticed it after the first 2 runs 1killer and even Madness helped me just before another run I was like going crazy how am I messing everything up ....I was rushing everything to race that day and resulted in dumb mistakes like the strap. :badteeth: ...still hit 10.0 on those runs though :dontknow: but good eye something don't look right :badteeth: edit...I mean I forgot to Tighten it down strap was always there

bloo

#41 ·
I could see the strap being bolt on still. I was just confused that it wasnt strapped down tight. Thats all good though. 10.0 run is still a decent run.

Edit: what gearing did you decide on?

#42 ·
This is a 16/43....not sure if it's the best but I like it so far I use to never go beyond 4th gear with 16/40 and I mean the LIMIT... now I think I'm close to the limit of 5th gear. I raced a Gix1k yesterday stretched good rider and I believe he was in 6th Gear we were neck and neck but my 10r had just enough pull to push ahead for the win and that bike was on a Air shifter I foot shift so the less shifts the better for me. :idea::wink:

bloo

#43 ·
Nice gearing. When I had mine stretched, I liked the 16/44 I was running. Toppin 3rd in the 1/8th. How are you likin the stretch so far? I know Im kinda missing thr stretch right now, but something keeps pullin at me, telling me to stay SWB. Its a hell of a time tryin to launch it. So fun though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.