Took my 07 back to the strip last night. Heres my setup

Stock height
Stock length
16/40 gearing
full muzzy exhaust
power commander with the dynojet tune for muzzy
195lbs suited

Best pass was this [email protected]

Still having trouble with the launch. Doesn't matter what I do, I can not do better than a 1.95. I can come out smooth, spin, bog, or wheelie and no matter what Im between 1.95 and 2.0. Thinking maybe I need to go up a tooth or two in the back? I also want to get the stuff to strap it, and lower the rear with the adjustable links I have. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150618_100828.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	329370  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-18-2015, 04:18 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dang good for stock wheel base and your weight. Straping the front and lowering the rear will really help your launch. Typically you know the gearing is about right if you go thru the traps in 5th gear at redline.
post #3 of 18 Old 06-18-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks man. I must need more gear then, because right now Im coming through at around 12k in 4th gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 06-18-2015, 06:59 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
Thanks man. I must need more gear then, because right now Im coming through at around 12k in 4th gear.
Sounds like you might need a bit more gearing. I would strap and lower it first and see how she goes. Like most racing its best to make one change at a time.
post #5 of 18 Old 06-19-2015, 09:04 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Good pass man exspecially at stock length, height. I suggest goin up 2 teeth on rear so you be top 5th at stripe. Strapin the front and lowerin the rear will help ton to!

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #6 of 18 Old 06-19-2015, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
Sounds like you might need a bit more gearing. I would strap and lower it first and see how she goes. Like most racing its best to make one change at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
Good pass man exspecially at stock length, height. I suggest goin up 2 teeth on rear so you be top 5th at stripe. Strapin the front and lowerin the rear will help ton to!
Thanks guys, I think my next move will be to try lowering it. I have no intentions of making this a drag bike, but I have always wanted a 9 second pass so thats my current goal. Im hoping to do it SWB but if I end up having to buy some extension so be it
post #7 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 09:05 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thanks guys, I think my next move will be to try lowering it. I have no intentions of making this a drag bike, but I have always wanted a 9 second pass so thats my current goal. Im hoping to do it SWB but if I end up having to buy some extension so be it

Good luck it's addicting. You should see a big difference by just lowering it and strapping the front. Might even be able to add some teeth to your rear sprocket and still control it pretty well. Keep us posted

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #8 of 18 Old 06-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Agree!!!

Quote:
You don't need more Gearing now you need more seat time I used mild gearing for years and with stock bike me weighing over 200lbs hit 9s many times with the same gearing your running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
straping and lowering along with seat time will give you the best and fastest results then play with gearing later on.

Quote:
Don't stretch it until you get the 9s Stock Wheel Base that should be the Goal and will make you a better racer in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue08 View Post
Good luck it's addicting. You should see a big difference by just lowering it and strapping the front. Might even be able to add some teeth to your rear sprocket and still control it pretty well. Keep us posted
Quote:
Dang good for stock wheel base and your weight. Straping the front and lowering the rear will really help your launch. Typically you know the gearing is about right if you go thru the traps in 5th gear at redline.
Again I always ran Stock through the Traps in 4th maxed out with 16/40 not bad and 9s runs as high as 148mph weighing over 200lbs geared Stock Wheel Base.....if he was stretched than yeah 5th or 6th Gear f'sho IMO.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #9 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Thanks for the input guys! I'll keep the thread updated for sure. Probably be a couple weeks before I make it back to the track. I'll leave the gearing alone for now and just lower it/strap it and see what I can do. I definitely would love to see a 9.XX SWB. I think I can do it, just need a little more practice launching.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-24-2015, 10:08 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Again I always ran Stock through the Traps in 4th maxed out with 16/40 not bad and 9s runs as high as 148mph weighing over 200lbs geared Stock Wheel Base.....if he was stretched than yeah 5th or 6th Gear f'sho IMO.

Bloo
That sounds reasonable for a stock wheel base bike with no bar's. My J motor drag bike I geared to hit redline in 5th thru the traps typical mph was 153 to 155 with an 8 second et.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in