Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Jennings and sound

908 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  or10r 
#1 ·
I noticed Jennings forum has a reminder about noise levels and a post about a M4 being too loud on a 600.

I have a Graves on my Gen 4 has anyone had any problems with the graves at a 104 db limit?

I would think I would have to be high in the rpms to get to the limit. Also, comparing my graves slip-on to the stock slip-on with link pipe I think my Graves might be quieter.

Any documented db levels on the graves?

#2 ·
The graves is supposedly right at the 104/105dB limit. I ran my gen 3 there with my LOR no problems. I now have an M4 street slayer on my G4 and am not that worried. At Jennings they use the meter on the front straight to measure the sound. If they give you any hassle, just back off the throttle as you go by the flag booth. You'll be fine.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
I've been there before with no problems. I am just concerned because of the newest recent post as a reminder and I guess they are trying to get zoned for carts. It seems like maybe they are enforcing a little tighter.

If I get hassled I will do as suggested let off the throttle near the booth.

#6 ·
When I was there last year they actually booted AMA pro Garrett Gerloff off with his Graves. He quickly did something to quiet it. Not sure what he did but he was back on in short order. But :+1: to what SkyDork said. They have the db meter at the start/ finish line so just back out a bit or jump up a gear right there if theres any question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.