GIpro/TRE question, custom mapping - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
GIpro/TRE question, custom mapping

Just wondering if anyone here has tested or made a noticeable difference on 10s w/Gipro and TRE and customer map PC3. Does the TRE even do anything or effective when you have a custom mapped commander? Going to the strip this weekend and wondering what setting I should try the TRE on or just leave it off? Help me out, guys I haven't had enough track time to test this out much. I tried last year leaving it off and then turned it on setting 3 or 4 and my time slips were almost the same but it did seem to run slightly different. Thanks for any info!

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
Just wondering if anyone here has tested or made a noticeable difference on 10s w/Gipro and TRE and customer map PC3. Does the TRE even do anything or effective when you have a custom mapped commander? Going to the strip this weekend and wondering what setting I should try the TRE on or just leave it off? Help me out, guys I haven't had enough track time to test this out much. I tried last year leaving it off and then turned it on setting 3 or 4 and my time slips were almost the same but it did seem to run slightly different. Thanks for any info!
Wont make a diff. read my thread:

https://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57171

in that run to get 9s I always had a switch to turn on the TRE but in high RPMs it's useless and no gain in drag racing a 10R as you will be at High RPMs even at start for it not to help....it's for the mountains for on and off transitions and no HP gain.

bloo
bluedevil is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
Thats kinda what I was thinkin, I'll just leave it 'off' then. another member told me he was running his best times(9s) w/tre on and a similar setup as me. thanks bloo.

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Bloo Moderator
 
bluedevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SAC,CA
Posts: 23,742
Posting Frequency
Images: 3
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPJON View Post
Thats kinda what I was thinkin, I'll just leave it 'off' then. another member told me he was running his best times(9s) w/tre on and a similar setup as me. thanks bloo.
no problem, have a good time at the track.
bluedevil is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 07-17-2008, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
JUPJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fargo, ND (only about 6 month riding season unfortunatly)
Posts: 719
Posting Frequency
Images: 15
    
I always do, can go all out and not have to worry about the police or other uncertainties. I'll post my best slip if I find it is worth posting

98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home.
JUPJON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Help with 06 Mapping ninja japan Performance and Tech 1 03-02-2008 03:59 AM
Custom made gp exhaust question Jimsmowen Performance and Tech 5 10-22-2007 07:11 AM
Mapping Question Ice06 Performance and Tech 2 02-27-2007 12:14 PM
question on custom/any PCIII map??? on1whl Performance and Tech 2 08-08-2006 06:34 AM
Custom Mapping Dyno Sheets DB's ZX10R Performance and Tech 4 08-15-2005 08:43 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome