Gen 4: 2011-2015 Gen 4 Help wiring air shifter and question about stretched arm - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen 4 Help wiring air shifter and question about stretched arm

What's up people. I have a 2013 and have caught the fever at the drag strip. Last Friday night was my first time there on the bike. I ran 9.30's at 148 mph. It's lowered with extensions. I have an MPS air shifter on the way and a Hardcore arm that's 12" over. My question is does any have any tips on which wires or what color I need to tap into for the horn and such. Also the wire that goes to the rear wheel sensor pulled out enough to reach with the extensions but Im not sure if it will for the 12 over arm.. Can you buy those sensor wires that are longer? Thanks

https://youtu.be/73MRMCojmOo

Last edited by Magma_Red_Rider; 05-28-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-28-2015, 08:39 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I just took my horn off and wired the air shifter straight into the horn plug.

The the wheel sensor harness I Just cut the outside off in a spot, added some wire and electrical tapped it all back up and can't tell.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2015, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cool, thanks man.. Any other tips that could make the air shifter job quicker and easier for me? What kinda times you getting outta your Gen 4?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-29-2015, 08:09 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

How are you going to kill fuel/ignition? If you are using a mps ignition kill box Schnitz makes a slick coil harness that just plugs into the stock coils and you don't have to hack up your stock harness.

Schnitz Coil Kill Wiring Harness

Figure out a way to mount it? DME sells a slick shifter mount if you haven't.

Zx-10 Shifter Top Mount

After those two things its pretty easy to get the wiring down with a simple test light. I mounted my solenoid right off the cylinder as I've read you'll get better shifts that way, but could just be something on the internet that isn't true lol.

I'm slow and only got a 8.98 on mr12 last year and 9.13 on pump gas this year fighting wheelies from not knowing how to set up my shock. Theres a lot of really, really fast gen 4 guys out there though.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2015, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn that's some good information man.. THanks.. I will def look into those sites... Yes I have the MPS kill box and the actual shifter is a PINGEL. How much do you weigh and what was your 60ft and 8th mile times? Mine were around 1.57's and 6.1's... The next big thing I think im gonna have to do is do some type of mods to my clutch. after that night making 7 passes the next morning I had to screw my clutch lever adjuster in probably 3 or 4 turns to get free play back in my clutch lever. You don't any mods to your clutch? Im just hoping to get in the 8's.. and I will be happy.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-31-2015, 11:33 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea the DME mount and Schnitz harness makes the install pretty painless.

I've never weighed myself with my gear on but I'd guess 210 suited. My 60' times suck but yesterday it did 1.525 60', [email protected] 1/8th mile and [email protected] 1/4 mile. I know its got more in it if I was lighter and could ride it better. I went 8.9 last year on mr12 but haven't been able to crack into the 8s on pump gas.

I've got brocks clutch mod and brocks springs with a cycle concept clutch right now. Was told the brocks cushion mod wasn't worth it though. Guess a thing to do is to run some gsxr1000 valve springs and have 3 of those coming with some extra clutches and hopefully it helps keep a clutch in it longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in