Gen 2: 2006-2007 First time at the strip on a bike - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

First time at the strip on a bike

ive had my 07 zx10R for almost a year now after my 636 was stolen. i finally got a set on me and decided to see what it would do. This was my very first time on the track with a bike so you could say i had a lot of butterflies.

the only mods on the bike is a 2 bros slip on exhaust and extension blocks that stretched it about 6". my very first pass went

[email protected] w/ a 2.3 60'

my pb pass of the night was

[email protected] w/ a 1.8 60'

i know theres a lot of improvement to be made. im starting to feel better about the launching which is really what was killing me. plus i put myself in a weird ridin position that i couldnt get my my hand completely at wot. and a couple people had issues getting the bike out of third.

i can definately see myself in the 6s the next trip out which will problably be next friday.

i put a good buddy on that is a really good driver to set the bar for me. he was supposed to be on the bike all night but only got 2 passes in. his were consistent.

[email protected] w/a 1.4 or 1.5 60' and he had trouble getting out of third.

i have gears ready to go on (-1,+3) and an air shifter that will help me greatly leaving my feet on the side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Put a 1/5th insert from Rifleman on it and u won't have a problem getting WOT. Its less of a turn so ur elbow isn't pointing straight down anymore. U oughta try -1,+5 or -2,+2 they're abt the same with the first setup being a bit more aggressive. Ull love it though. I run The 2nd setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #3 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat10R View Post
Put a 1/5th insert from Rifleman on it and u won't have a problem getting WOT.
that thing helps out sooo much!! youll get there with practice. I started when my 10 was basically stock form and was able to work down to 7.196. Stretched it and lowered, basically drag setup, and I am now doing 6.9 and trying to get better. you have plenty of room for improvement, but that improvement is just experience. You will definently get there!! No doubt about it. If your buddy can go 6.5, so can you, just keep going and youll get it.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 04:11 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

1/5th throttle is the way to go... once you get more seat time under your belt you will feel more comfortable launching it hard out of the hole... and i def regear the bike bc the 10's have a LONG 1st gear.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #5 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

^definently listen to that man. Him and BG have helped me enormously with setting up for the strip and figuring out how ride it there too. One day Ill be gettin close to as good as they are.

If you street ride the bike too, talk to BigCat, hes like the watchful big brother who wont let you fuck your stuff up.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #6 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 04:57 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Quote:
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
post #7 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the words guys. i have given serious thought to the 1/5th mod. i dont trust myself doin that kinda mod yet, but im going to take the how to i found to the buddy that rode my bike and see how hed feel helping me out with it.

the bike will mainly be a street bike and will occassionally see the track.

everyone noticed how long the 1st gear was and was like [email protected] lol. the one thing that everyone said too was after the launch my bike was flying down the track even if it wasnt at wot. i just gotta be patient and realize ill get better with more seat time. i have an srt4 that i used to track all the time but my i was never as pumped to get on the track as i was last night with the 10r
post #8 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

do the 1/5, no doubt. the how-to done on this site is excellent. you can definently do this yourself!

post #9 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

what is the basic drag setup? i have a few things in mind i just wanna make sure ive got myself on the right path.
post #10 of 23 Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

Lowered stretched strapped geared 1/5th nitous if u really wanna play and an airshifter if u get serious with it

If u do decide to lower it once its stretched DO NOT ride a passenger! I had mine extended and rode my fiance all the time. She's only 120lbs, but after I lowered it, the very 1st time she rode again I snapped my extensions. We got lucky they didn't fall off while riding. I didn't notice they'd snapped till we got back home.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in