Filter no Filter?? Any real difference??? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 08-03-2011, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Filter no Filter?? Any real difference???

I have a Bmc race filter....how much real world difference does running without a filter make?? Does it make any more power?? E.T. drop ?? If so...how much 1, 2hp??? .10th ???

thanks in advance??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke2012 View Post
I have a Bmc race filter....how much real world difference does running without a filter make?? Does it make any more power?? E.T. drop ?? If so...how much 1, 2hp??? .10th ???

thanks in advance??
Well considering that a filter is designed to keep crap out of your engine, I'm guessing that initially you'll get a lil more power but after you suck in a bunch of dirt and bugs, you'll ruin your engine....

If you really want more power, just pour a bunch of sand in your intake and it'll bore and polish your cylinders.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #3 of 16 Old 08-03-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Nashville View Post
Well considering that a filter is designed to keep crap out of your engine, I'm guessing that initially you'll get a lil more power but after you suck in a bunch of dirt and bugs, you'll ruin your engine....

If you really want more power, just pour a bunch of sand in your intake and it'll bore and polish your cylinders.....
hmmmm.......i already have ported head, so ill skip the sand.

Anyway...for those folks that go no filter soley at the track(and PLENTY DO!!)any REAL feedback would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:

Anyway...for those folks that go no filter soley at the track(and PLENTY DO!!)any REAL feedback would be appreciated
Maybe look over at pyschobike as there are more racers there. If you have the time to search, I remember when the ZX14 came out in 08 I believe Gadson did a test of it bone stock with and without the filter, so it'll at least give you an idea of what you're gaining.

At its core, the Ninja ZX-10R is a motorcycle built for the accomplished rider who can fully appreciate its capabilities--whether put to the test at a racetrack, or merely the focus of bench-racing conversation. It is, by all standards, the embodiment of the ultimate superbike.

Member of The Elite - Growler Group
post #5 of 16 Old 08-03-2011, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R_Sinner View Post
Maybe look over at pyschobike as there are more racers there. If you have the time to search, I remember when the ZX14 came out in 08 I believe Gadson did a test of it bone stock with and without the filter, so it'll at least give you an idea of what you're gaining.
got a post on their now.....thanks
post #6 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:

All in good fun, though on a serious note,
I don't really do alot of racing {track day here and there when i can afford it} so I wasn't aware that people did this...must be a draggin thing cuz I would imagine that just riding around or even at track days, this would really fuck up your engine after a short time....But I don't really know that much about bikes in the grand scheme of things...

Maybe you could post your findings...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #7 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know Brock gained about 2 mph on the zx14.....

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #8 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
seems like there would be some small gains BUT would the bike/map need to be redone to make up for the added air and not lean out the mixture? i know that runing open headers will pick up a few HP so the filter would have to make a difference. there was an article in SSB a couple months ago on the headers.

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #9 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
I know Brock gained about 2 mph on the zx14.....
With or without the filter?
post #10 of 16 Old 08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
probably without.........

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in