extended bikes give me some advice... - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

extended bikes give me some advice...

I'm not new to drag racing at all.. But I've always had a problem with the bike bogging on me and its frustrating me I've tried different clutch combinations and gear and all that stuff... So I'm going back to the drawing board....all the way to step number 1... I was laying in bed last night and was just thinking "what if all I'm doing wrong is not revving it up enough. So that's my question. What are you guys launching at? I usually launch at 7500 but I'm thinking that is to low

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I run a (for the most part) stock 04... I leave at 10K. I used to leave at 4 or 5K and kept upping it until I felt comfortable. I'm running 1.64 60's without lifting the tire, so I definitely have room to improve. To add to what you said, I also experienced bogging (huge first gear) - definitely no bogging now and she leaves like a bat out of hell
post #3 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagger View Post
I run a (for the most part) stock 04... I leave at 10K. I used to leave at 4 or 5K and kept upping it until I felt comfortable. I'm running 1.64 60's without lifting the tire, so I definitely have room to improve. To add to what you said, I also experienced bogging (huge first gear) - definitely no bogging now and she leaves like a bat out of hell
wow 10k is your bike stretch any ?

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 07:12 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
wow 10k is your bike stretch any ?
I'm wondering the same thing cause at 10 grand the bike is screamin'!!!!!!! and how often do you go thru clutches?

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #5 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I make about 20-40 passes/weekend - been doing so for a year and haven't gone through a single clutch (nor does this one slip). Bike is stock - just strapped and lowering links. To clarify: I'm not dumping the clutch off the line, but riding it out to around the 60 foot mark then pinning it wide open. And boy it does scream! I'll have some Go-Pro videos up by this weekend hopefully. Best run is a 10.000 (I want to hit 9's so bad!) at 141 running a Dunlop Q2 without lowering the tire pressure and foot shifting.
post #6 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Licensed Dist of HaterAde

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to TMY10ER
Quote:
I make about 20-40 passes/weekend - been doing so for a year and haven't gone through a single clutch (nor does this one slip). Bike is stock - just strapped and lowering links. To clarify: I'm not dumping the clutch off the line, but riding it out to around the 60 foot mark then pinning it wide open. And boy it does scream! I'll have some Go-Pro videos up by this weekend hopefully. Best run is a 10.000 (I want to hit 9's so bad!) at 141 running a Dunlop Q2 without lowering the tire pressure and foot shifting.
Shit.....not too shabby at all my man!!!

Take a risk, and you may lose. Never risk, and you will always lose.

post #7 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 07:43 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
thats a good pass man for a swb zx-10, wat all you got done to her & wat gearing you runnin...

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #8 of 28 Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Definitely raise those rpms especially stretched. I have a little more power in the midrange than most and still leave at or around 9k rpms. When I was swb I started out around 9, after the e85 i was able to back it down to 7k, now with the length this year I started at 7k and its boggin, pushed it up around 9 and its likin it a lot better. Swb I was cuttin 1.58's and only runnin 9.70's. Now I'm still gettin used to it 8 over, but I've went 9.50's with a 1.50 60'.

'06 "Corn Burner" Edition ZX10R
w/ a lot of bolt-ons
PERFORMANCE CYCLE 2 Racing
post #9 of 28 Old 06-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
thats a good pass man for a swb zx-10, wat all you got done to her & wat gearing you runnin...
-1 +4 gearing, PC3, flies removed, Akra slip-on, TRE, Rifleman's throttle insert, strapped and lowered 4", and I'm running a reverse shift pattern. I weigh about 220 suited... (need weight watcher's plan )

Should have some Go-Pro HD videos tonight.. I'll post 'em up when I get the chance.
post #10 of 28 Old 06-25-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Way to jack my thread assholes....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in