Damn to much lift on top end. Kicked out of the track. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 04:14 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn to much lift on top end. Kicked out of the track.

Apparently there are new rules set at my local track. I did [email protected] 142 1.9 60 foot for the first time and got kicked out cause I didn't have leather pants. I do need to improve my 60 foot but holy shit MY QUESTION is how do you guys keep the first gear top end down? I put all my weight as much as possible on top of the tank. I did a short wheelie and had to cut throttle down the track and still hit still 10.6. This bike is stupid fast and can't wait to get more seat time down the track next time.

Last edited by Interceptin; 07-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Closest track to me is under NHRA sanction, and if you go faster than 10.00 sec or 135 mph, they want you to get a NHRA license. Sounds like yours is the same way.

I'm not good enough to do 10.00 and with the stock exhaust and all street stuff on the bike (all reflectors, license plate etc) and 68,000 km on the clock, it's right near 135 mph anyway ... no point making it faster, I don't want to deal with the NHRA license stuff.

Get a set of full leathers, though. I won't ride in any less than my roadrace leathers.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #3 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

my track is like that. when we first got into racing we would haul ass then slow it down before the end so they wouldnt kick us out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Do you have the bike lowered and strapped? That will help with the wheelies. MOST tracks are 10.99 and faster or 12mph and you have to have full leathers. 9.99 and faster usually required a license, either IHRA or NHRA, depends on who sanctions the track. Get yourself a pair of good leathers, its for your own good.

As far as the wheelies, if you lower and strap the bike you should be able to control the wheelies decent. Use the clutch to feed the power to the ground and not the throttle. When I was stock wheelbase I could go full throttle immediately and use the clutch to control the front end.

Just because you are wheelying doesn't mean you are launching as hard as possible, it just means you gave it to much power at once. You could be launching soft but then toward the end of the clutch give it to much power and throw you into a wheelie.

I've seen so many people tell me there giving there bike all it has because they are wheelying, when in reality they are creeping off the lineand then when they get comfortable rolling, they let go of the clutch, throwing them into a wheelie.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #5 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 01:42 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i want your 240 lol i hve a 400whp rb20 96 240...really want the kouki front end

05 grudge zx10r and i call her katy perry!

I cut forks internally...80 plus shipping.
pm if interested!
post #6 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post

as far as the wheelies, if you lower and strap the bike you should be able to control the wheelies decent. Use the clutch to feed the power to the ground and not the throttle. When i was stock wheelbase i could go full throttle immediately and use the clutch to control the front end.

Just because you are wheelying doesn't mean you are launching as hard as possible, it just means you gave it to much power at once. You could be launching soft but then toward the end of the clutch give it to much power and throw you into a wheelie.

I've seen so many people tell me there giving there bike all it has because they are wheelying, when in reality they are creeping off the lineand then when they get comfortable rolling, they let go of the clutch, throwing them into a wheelie.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

wheelie bar is all you need. for reals.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
wheelie bar is all you need. for reals.

Or rider??

The Truth
post #9 of 11 Old 07-01-2012, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey Troll! How you been? lol

Yeah were going to try to strap the front this time and see what happens. I got stock wheel base and its impossible to keep the front from coming up a feet or more. Tech 5 if you know 1.9 60 foot on a stock wheel base is a pretty good rider. Let's see your time slip buddy.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

The bike will easily do 1.60s lowered and strapped.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in