Gen 2: 2006-2007 Critique this run - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Critique this run

Running 6.80's (1/8) with 1.8 60 foot times, but I know she's a lot faster than that. Coming out at about 8000rpm, but I'm not sure if I have the throttle pinned at the light. Shifting at the stock shift light 11,500.

All stock save for -1 in the front.

Any obvious errors?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

your launching at the right rpm but need to get to WOT alot sooner. you can pick up a 1/5th throttle insert and it will help you get to wot alot sooner. its a member on here you can pm name rifleman who sells them if your interested in one.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #3 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
your launching at the right rpm but need to get to WOT alot sooner. you can pick up a 1/5th throttle insert and it will help you get to wot alot sooner. its a member on here you can pm name rifleman who sells them if your interested in one.
I already run that. Excellent addition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
I already run that. Excellent addition.
If your foot shifting 11.5k is wrong ring that sucker up to redline there is a delay your not as fast as a quick shifter.

And your not trully coming out at 8000rpms that is just what your gauge says that's just what RPM your holding...how much it goes down from there on the start is the key if SWB.

bloo
post #5 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Now that's information I can use. I was foot shifting and felt like I could give her more revs off the line. I tried 9K, but had some wheel spin, but think I could counter that with more burnout and perhaps dropping tire pressure. Been running about 26psi on a Q2.
post #6 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 11:52 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Gearing is a little high for the 1/8th with it being only -1 I believe. Tire pressure can go lower some. You do clutchless shifting? that''ll shave some time off. I guess practice if you don't plan on lowering and stretching.

Stock clutch with the slipper activating will slow you down also.
post #7 of 12 Old 09-23-2011, 12:32 AM
BANNED

Posting Frequency

what is your mph? and are you stretched/straped/lowered? Your bike looks tame, mine always trying to lift the front in first gear and wonders around in second

It looks like you either have to slip the clutch little more, raise the rpms, go wot sooner and stage your bike on the either one of the tire grooves to get more traction.

Last edited by hellboytt; 09-23-2011 at 12:42 AM.
post #8 of 12 Old 09-23-2011, 02:17 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm actually going to suggest the opposite, I would drop the rpms so you can get out of the clutch quicker and full throttle faster. Try 6500 and when you get to where your comfortable getting it pinned and getting the clutch out fast, start bumping the rpms up.

Sponsored by:
Vaughan Racing
Synthetic Shield
Moline Bar
post #9 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 09:37 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
I'm actually going to suggest the opposite, I would drop the rpms so you can get out of the clutch quicker and full throttle faster. Try 6500 and when you get to where your comfortable getting it pinned and getting the clutch out fast, start bumping the rpms up.
especially with with your gearing and not lowered.

08 race cam(108/103), 08 retainers, polished exhaust ports, milled head(.010), .45HG, short velocity stacks, removed sec, bmc filter, full Akra Evo cut 5in, pc3., ign module w/rev xtend to 13,500., Lots of 520 sprckts, vortex rearsets (gp shift), pazzo levers, galfer lines, ZX14 calipers, shorai batt, carbon frnt fender, gpr, puig screen, gilles chain adjs., 1/5 throttle, Kleen air mod, Braking rotors, O.Z. wheels, 403lbs full fuel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheWildb302/videos
post #10 of 12 Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
I wouldn't. being that he's swb stock height. SLipping the clutch a lot further to keep your revs up will help more. If you leave lower and get the clutch out faster your going to bog worse. which may not show in your 60 ft but will definitely show in your 330 and 1/8th which will in turn show in your 1/4. You slip your clutch further your 60 may not be as good right off the bat but you will see improvement on the 330 and 1/8th mile..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in