Gen 4: 2011-2015 Couple questions for you gen 4 guys - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Couple questions for you gen 4 guys

I have been trying to decide what my next street/strip bike is going to be. Pretty much narrowed it down to 2011+ zx10r or a BMW S1000RR. Ive tried out an S1000RR at the track and ran a [email protected] on one. Never test ridden a 2011+ zx10r.

My main goal with whichever bike i choose is to run at least [email protected]+ at swb with just boltons, and 8.9s with bolton extensions + boltons

The problem that im having is that i dont see many 2011+ zx10r running those times even though it should do it pretty easily imo given the power that they dyno at. They always seem to be at least on par or more powerwise than an s1000rr once the zx10r has basic boltons+flashed ecu

Ive been reading threads here and watching a bunch of youtube videos etc. checked out the fastest swb zx10r and fastest zx10r list. But as i said not many gen 4 running the numbers that im looking to run. Ive btw seen Tony Ferland run really fast on a stock motor 2011 zx10r but ofcourse he doesnt weigh very much and is a very good rider with a well setup bike.

I btw just sold my GSX-R 1000 K6, and im looking for a newer more powerful street/strip bike. My best run on the K6 1000 was [email protected] and best 60ft 1.64 and that was at stockwheelbase on pump gas, footshifting, stock motor and head, with just a slipon and bolton mods. And im 210 lbs suited

given what i ran on my k6 1000 which is probably only around 165whp at most since it isnt even tuned and had 26 k miles on it. Im expecting to run at least [email protected]+ mph on a full bolton+ecu flash swb gen 4 zx10r and hoping then to throw on bolton extensions and change gearing to try to run an 8.9x

Am i expecting to much from the Gen 4 zx10r ? , as i said before im 210 lbs suited at this time but might be lighter before next season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Its a kawasaki zx10r forum. I wonder what the masses are gonna say lol

2013 ZX-10R | Woolich Racing Tuned | M4 GP | Riflemans Throttle Insert | 3D GP 520 -1/+2 | Sato Racing Rearset | Zero G Windscreen | LED projection headlamps | Respring & valving front/rear suspension | 110% Squid
post #3 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron403 View Post
Its a kawasaki zx10r forum. I wonder what the masses are gonna say lol
lol not really looking for the debate zx10r vs s1000rr
Im just not sure if im expecting to much from gen4 zx10r, i think since a full bolton flashed zx10r puts down 180+whp it should pretty easily run faster than my old K6 1000 that isold. I guess im just a bit worried that im expecting to much from it if i decide to buy one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 10:08 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Your in Iceland the times your looking at will be slower than most your reading around in the country here vs Iceland. If you come to the US and think your going to run the same times I think you will be very humbled and appreciate the times posted more on this site and others.

bottom line the S1k and ZX10R are to close to call it always comes down to Rider....but with that said they are not great Drag bikes out of the box because of the clutches and gearing....that's why you see many 1st Gen 10Rs with incredible times to this day....meaning your going to have to do some work either way.

Bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Your in Iceland the times your looking at will be slower than most your reading around in the country here vs Iceland. If you come to the US and think your going to run the same times I think you will be very humbled and appreciate the times posted more on this site and others.

bottom line the S1k and ZX10R are to close to call it always comes down to Rider....but with that said they are not great Drag bikes out of the box because of the clutches and gearing....that's why you see many 1st Gen 10Rs with incredible times to this day....meaning your going to have to do some work either way.

Bloo
thx for the reply

yeah its a bit colder here in Iceland + my track is pretty much at sea level :)
i for example hopped on a friends K8 1000 GSX-R and ran a [email protected] on it on my 4th run. And that bike was all stock + stock height except it had leo vince dual slip on. I was really impressed with the trap since im 210 lbs suited.

But that is also why im expecting the gen4 zx10r to run [email protected]+ given what ive already ran on pretty much stock gsxrs which should have a lot less power. I guess i gotta just buy a gen4 z10r and see what it does :)
post #6 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSX-R//Iceland View Post
thx for the reply

yeah its a bit colder here in Iceland + my track is pretty much at sea level :)
i for example hopped on a friends K8 1000 GSX-R and ran a [email protected] on it on my 4th run. And that bike was all stock + stock height except it had leo vince dual slip on. I was really impressed with the trap since im 210 lbs suited.

But that is also why im expecting the gen4 zx10r to run [email protected]+ given what ive already ran on pretty much stock gsxrs which should have a lot less power. I guess i gotta just buy a gen4 z10r and see what it does :)
Exactly....your in a nice place I ran 9.9s at 148mph to on my 1st Gen ZX10r stock 215lbs.....not even a power commander and slip-on but I was also lowered and although we are close to sea level I read before not all sea levels are the same I think your are at one of the best places possible the kind the Magazines like to adjust their test #s to make bikes look better in their drag test results(adjusted 1/4 mile times )

I commend you for admitting that or at least not arguing that I don't see that kind of attitude with most these days your open to suggestions and listen.....Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post
Exactly....your in a nice place I ran 9.9s at 148mph to on my 1st Gen ZX10r stock 215lbs.....not even a power commander and slip-on but I was also lowered and although we are close to sea level I read before not all sea levels are the same I think your are at one of the best places possible the kind the Magazines like to adjust their test #s to make bikes look better in their drag test results(adjusted 1/4 mile times )

I commend you for admitting that or at least not arguing that I don't see that kind of attitude with most these days your open to suggestions and listen.....Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Yeah bikes here in Iceland seem to deliver the power pretty good, but thats why i got high hopes for the gen4 zx10r

i try to squeeze everything i can from the bikes, every little helps, always have almost no gasoline in the tank, 40lbs air pressure in front tire, clean and lightly lube chain with wd40, tuck well behind the windscreen and move myself farther back once i get going, arms and legs pinned up against the bike etc etc....

Last edited by GSX-R//Iceland; 10-04-2014 at 10:46 PM.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 11:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

If your looking to drag race why not get the bike that was built for it a ZX14.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-04-2014, 11:46 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
If your looking to drag race why not get the bike that was built for it a ZX14.
Lol.....I forgot about that too...the New ZX14 is Monster...the Busas seem from what I heard are easier to modify but agree with TechX.

I personally ride 1000s because I live and ride in condensed city traffic to work, ride on long rides, and like to drag race too...only a skinny bike with High HP fits the bill for me to get the best of ALL WORLDs

bloo

post #10 of 15 Old 10-05-2014, 12:37 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The gen 4 will do what you expect as long as you can ride it. Looks like you can. I don't have hardly any experience at drag strip compared to most and have went 9.7s with 1.67-1.69 60fts SWB. I am a little heavier then you as well. I have maybe 40- 50 total passes on a bike at drag strip. I'm hoping to get a 9.5 by the end of the season. I have like 2 or 3 days left here the track is open. I think with this -1 sprocket I can get there.

2011 ZX10R

Schnitz Racing reflash and tune with Woolich, TB slip on, EvoTech crash kit and rear spools, Hotbodies black undertail and tinted windscreen, Gsxr Brembo swap, Bestem carbon heel guards, Renthal dual compound grips, KD block off plates, BMR air filter, Bazzaz QS4, EK ZZZ gold chain & -1 Renthal sprocket, Gsxr gold headstem nut, Roaring Toyz rear link, Schnitz front strap kit, Rifleman 1/5 insert, Gregg's mirror deletes

SWB best time [email protected] 1.67 60ft

Last edited by jgarst; 10-05-2014 at 12:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in