Clutch issue - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Clutch issue

Well guys put a new clutch in bike switched over to the motorcycle Amsoil 10w40 oil and after 9 runs i got slipping issues. Bike was working great got my 60's back with the set up but now 3rd thru 5th it is slipping. I used the clutch pack from Cycle Concept and 3 heavier springs. Anyone have any issues running a full Synthetic or Amsoil 10w40?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Is this your first time installing a Cycle concepts Clutch Pak? I run Motul 5100 have been for years. The thing I found from going CC is I have problems adjusting the clutch cable right must be a slight clutch pack height thing(even though they are suppose to be OEM and same height I ordered). I don't slip but can't adjust per Manuel I have to play with it some, it's been causing me to have issues with out of adjustment on the track. Also, the Clutch Pak never lasted as long as the OEM but then again I am more aggressive when I first went to the track on the 10...on my Second CC pak.

Your 60 maybe improving but it could be your going WOT faster than you thought because of slipping.

I would check the adjustment from basket to lever first.

bloo
post #3 of 14 Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I used a clutch pack from a 04-05 and also used 3 valve springs from a gsxr. That's what I was told to use and was told would work along with the Amsoil. 2 get Motul i have to mail order it. Yes it is the first time using this clutch as the stock one started to die off 60' were climbing so that's why i changed out. Yes i been adjusting the clutch but its slipping 3rd thru 5th when it's wot high rpm's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 04:13 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

put all gsxr valve springs in there and u should be fine unless u are spraying a nice size shot and its too much for the clutch to hold

R.I.P Shannon T. Hightower July 29, 1971 August 4, 2007

All Kawasakis aren't created equal
post #5 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109R View Post
Well guys put a new clutch in bike switched over to the motorcycle Amsoil 10w40 oil and after 9 runs i got slipping issues. Bike was working great got my 60's back with the set up but now 3rd thru 5th it is slipping. I used the clutch pack from Cycle Concept and 3 heavier springs. Anyone have any issues running a full Synthetic or Amsoil 10w40?
Yes I have, I loved the amsoil at first unbelieveble shifting bike seemed to run cooler all that good stuff.........BUT about every 2 thousand miles my clutch would go to slipping.

ITS BETTER TO BE HATED FOR WHAT YOU ARE...
THAN LOVED FOR WHAT YOUR NOT..................
post #6 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

ive heard good things about the Cycle Concepts clutch pack but i still use the factory Kawasaki OEM setup everytime i replace them. i can usually get 80-90 passes SWB out of OEM clutch parts and ive run Amzoil 10w40 since i bought the bike with no slipping issues. maybe there is a difference in stack height?

05 Green SWB

09 Special Edition. Muzzy GP series black teflon full system, Bazzaz Z-FI w/ AFM, K&N, fender elim.
post #7 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgracr4044 View Post
ive heard good things about the Cycle Concepts clutch pack but i still use the factory Kawasaki OEM setup everytime i replace them. i can usually get 80-90 passes SWB out of OEM clutch parts and ive run Amzoil 10w40 since i bought the bike with no slipping issues. maybe there is a difference in stack height?
I don't think there is a difference in stack height I took measurements and seems to be spot on. What I did notice between Cycles Pak is it comes with the Fibers that have the small pads Through out the Pak, Unlike OEM that uses the small Pad fibers ONLY on the Inside and Outside(Qty-2) the OEM ones use the Big Pad fibers in the Middle. I don't know it that makes a difference you can tell Cycle Concepts Paks are from Japan and OEM fibers just not EXACTLY like the OEM setup you get when your bike comes from the dealer.

bloo
post #8 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

The only difference between the 04-05 setup and the 07 is 04-05 use what i think is called a jutter spring which to me just looks like 2 steels put together with a space between them. I was also told only to run 3 of the valve springs so i didn't break the clutch rod. I am hoping the clutch can be saved. Gonna drain amsoil out pull clutch and check it and probably go back to a conventional motorcycle oil ( no more synthetic ). I am not spraying bike and weight of rider is 200lbs suited
post #9 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Don't run fully synthetic oil, contributes to clutch slip, found that out early on in my drag racing venture. I use castrol synthetic blend with no issues.

The clutch is your friend
post #10 of 14 Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I always wondered if the full synthetic motorcycle oil was a good idea for drag racing. I took the guys word that it was a good thing to use but i'm not so sure now. I am just going back to conventional motorcycle oil no more synthetic oil for me. I am just hoping that the clutch isn't fried and it was just the oil that is making it slip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in