Chain Guard - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Chain Guard

So, I put my factory chain guard on with my extensions in place and all, and the tire wore through part of it from the the edge of the tire. anyone else have a problem like this or a solution?

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

I took my cain guard off a long time ago, but with the length of chain i have now i might order another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s
post #3 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

yeah, Im running it with out. I also happen to just bolt a plate with my school parking permit there and the bolts arent long enough for both, but I was trying to figure out some way to run the guard without the tire eating it.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

I don't see how the tire was eatin the guard though unless something was bent

Quote:
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
post #5 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I really dont know either. Thats why I was curious if maybe I had a problem that I was unaware of. Or maybe Im missing a spacer or something. I was thinking that might actually be the problem. When I tighten down the rear axle nut, it goes past the holes for the cotter to the point where the cotter pin isnt between the spaces of the castle nut, its just in front of the nut.

post #6 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 02:52 AM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

U gotta put a grinder on the spaces in the nut to make them deeper then use a hammer to beat the wrench down to keep ur in the nut so u can slip the pin thru it

Quote:
post #7 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

no, my problem is reverse of what youre thinking. the nut keeps going past the holes for the pin. like, the castle part of the nut goes past it. the cotter pin goes in and all with the nut on tight. Its like the nut keeps pulling the extensions closer like its pinching the back end

post #8 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

mine did the same. just notch it out, used a bench grinder and dressed it off with a little sandpaper. allow room for chain adj.
post #9 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Tech here requires a chain guard. If you run extensions and the stock chain guard you will have to trim a little corner away (or the tire will do it for you). Tech here wanted a chain guard that went 1" past the axle (nice of them to not provide ANY information on what the rules are in advance) so I just made a new one out of some scrap sheet metal over the winter ... the shape is not very complicated, so it's pretty easy to make one.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #10 of 29 Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
mine did the same. just notch it out, used a bench grinder and dressed it off with a little sandpaper. allow room for chain adj.
i just mark where the tire was hittin the chain guard and took some dikes and cut a lil piece out so the tire would clear the chain guard and wouldnt rub. now when people notice it they think i bought it that way, guess i did a good job on the cut

05 ZX-10R SWB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in