Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Best Times

Gen 1: 2004-05 
3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Lil'Felt 
#1 ·
Whats your fastest 1/4 times and mph on a completely stock first gen? By

stock i mean the way it sat in the showroom when it was new. Has to be

swb, stock gearing (17/39), no straps or lowing links, and no pc3, etc...and ill

let u get away with only a slip on muffler. And sorry if this question was

posted before.

I own a first gen and this was my first liter bike. 4 months after i bought it i

took it to the strip and ran a 10.4 @137. dang thing was wheeling thru all the

gears considering i only weigh 145lbs.:mrgreen:

#2 ·
I ran a 10.06@140 with just a slip-on and a stock clutch that was slipping all night. I'm sure I could have cracked 9's if the clutch would have acted right for just a few passes but the stock ones don't last long launching above 6k. I have the drag pack in there now but haven't had a chance to get back to the track(2.5hrs from home).

#3 ·
I ran a 10.06@140 with just a slip-on and a stock clutch that was slipping all night. I'm sure I could have cracked 9's if the clutch would have acted right for just a few passes but the stock ones don't last long launching above 6k. I have the drag pack in there now but haven't had a chance to get back to the track(2.5hrs from home).[/QUOT

thats impressive. the launches were what killed me tho. i just couldnt lauch super hard cause it would stand up everytime cause im such a light rider..this summer i plan on lowering it and strapping it in the front. that along with my pc3, full exhaust, and gear change i hope to go 9s. hopefully i can come out of the hole way harder without it wheeling like crazy.

#4 ·
Good luck on it not coming up. I'm 250 suited and mine still shoots for the stars.

#5 ·
Mine with stock wheel base, stock height, with a slip on and geared 16/41 ran 10.3 @ 137mph. Cant keep the front end down. im 190lb on shorts btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.