Air Shifter help - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Air Shifter help

The last thing i want to do before spring is put on and air shifter, but my knowledge in that area is weak (never put one or worked on one). Im looking into the mps kit but not sure which one to get. engine kill vs fuel kill. My bike is an 08 with full brocks, geared -1+4, pcIII, will have a tune and a few other little things nothing major. so what is the difference between a fuel kill and engine kill? and
I know i need to fab my own bracket but been looking at the
-1-0266 and 1-0266-f. do these kits have everything i need in them. and last ? is the big cylinder upgrade is that just a bigger bottle? sorry if there easy questions but like i said i have never messed with an air shifter so any help, input, advice i will take!

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/MPS/as01.asp

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have the engine kill on mine, works great...u won't need the big cylinder, that's overkill....the regular shifter and solenoid will do just fine...they don't make a bracket for our gen but all I did was drill a hole thru the frame with a long screw and spring behind it to keep it from binding and pivoting correctly....I will post a pic up a ill later....
post #3 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

One thing too...u have an Adams arm which is good by it already has an air tank built into the arm so that saves u a couple of dollars....get an inboard compressor to pump the air into the arm and ur set to run...like I said I will post pics of me setup when I go out to the garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks man, any other options other than drilling into the frame?

65, pos
8.67 @ 154mph
post #5 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

You would much rather kill spark than fuel. Especially if you ever plan on spraying.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

no, much better to kill fuel spaying.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazx10 View Post
no, much better to kill fuel spaying.
Really? I thought it would be the other way? I figured it would be better to load up on fuel AND nitrous rather than nitrous alone?
post #8 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

mps owner mike developed fuel kill for sole reason of problems with nitrous bikes ign. kill contributing to dropped valves from spitting keepers and shims. he had blown his pro mod several times and convinced the boom or loud pop we hear between shifts on nitrous killing ignition was creating a sonic shock wave in the chamber transferred thu the valve capable of dislodging keepers and shims. he was correct. all serious nitrous bikes run fuel kill and live longer because of it. shifts on nitrous with fuel kill are undetectable from just motor and valvetrain damage has been greatly reduced. loaded up on fuel and nitrous causes a explosion rather than a controlled burn when spark reapplied. nitrous alone does not burn, not combustable in presence of spark. passes harmlessly thru engine until fuel reintroduced. ive run ign. kills 30 years, so smooth and slick i will never run ignition kill again. this is true on just motor too. on the 07 with nitrous, only way u know if he's on mtr. or nitrous is by the time slip.also much cleaner, easier install, tap one easily accessable injector wire instead of 4 coil wires. looking at a new kit, going to or not going to run juice, guys, this is the way to kill, try it, you will never go back nitrous or no nitrous.

Last edited by gazx10; 02-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue08 View Post
Thanks man, any other options other than drilling into the frame?
I think I saw a guy use his heel guard somehow....he turned it around and drilled a hole at the top and that was his bracket...looked pretty good too...
post #10 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 02:15 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Balogiannis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedboitoo View Post
I have the engine kill on mine, works great...u won't need the big cylinder, that's overkill....the regular shifter and solenoid will do just fine...they don't make a bracket for our gen but all I did was drill a hole thru the frame with a long screw and spring behind it to keep it from binding and pivoting correctly....I will post a pic up a ill later....

Did you actually drilled through the frame to mount the airshifter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in