9.50 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-13-2008, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

hey guys. i racing in a bracket racing league that has about 7 different classes. the class i race in is a street et class. i would also like to run in the 9.50 index class. i was wondering if its possible to run 9.50 on a stock bike except for lowered, strapped, and streched. how far would i ave to strech it. also is there any other things i can do to run this number. i want to stay away from exhaust, power programmer, and stuff like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 07:23 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyc_13 View Post
hey guys. i racing in a bracket racing league that has about 7 different classes. the class i race in is a street et class. i would also like to run in the 9.50 index class. i was wondering if its possible to run 9.50 on a stock bike except for lowered, strapped, and streched. how far would i ave to strech it. also is there any other things i can do to run this number. i want to stay away from exhaust, power programmer, and stuff like that.
Depends how well you ride and your weight. I have been 9.0's to 9.teens at 160 lbs 62" stock motor with U4, PC, airshifter,strapped and lowered, and a scorpion slip on. Bike would go low 9.30 in the worst air 100 degrees. If you can go mid to high 1.40 60 and your under 200 lbs I dont see it being a problem.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 08:00 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

We ran our '05 in the 9.50 index class. It was very easy to run that number. That class is very popular and fun too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-14-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethsZX10 View Post
We ran our '05 in the 9.50 index class. It was very easy to run that number. That class is very popular and fun too.
I see you are from witchata, Did you happen to run the 9.50 class at the pmra in oklahoma. This will be my first full year to run.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 12:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I have not had a chance to race in PMRA yet but a few of my buddies do. This weekend is the first race at Noble. I hear it is always full of bikes. I usually race in the monthly 9.50 class in Wichita. But our track changed hands so i'm not sure what the schedule is like this year.

post #6 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Who are you buddies, i've benn involved in the pmra four the past 4 years so i probably know them. i've been part of a pit crew but just recently started racing. I made the last 2 races last year on a zx9, just recently bought the zx-10 so this will be my first full year.
post #7 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Lud with the 2 black Busa's and Ed with the old school GSXR1100, Phil Snare?? and a few other guys. I'm not good with last names though. LOL

post #8 of 8 Old 04-15-2008, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Lud Munivong, not sure about the ed guy, and yep i know phil snare too. are you going to make any of the pmra races this year. im telling you if you come to on race you will find a way to make it to them all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in