1st time to drag strip...burnouts necessary? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-18-2012, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

1st time to drag strip...burnouts necessary?

Hey guys,
I am thinking about going to the drag strip for the first time. Well I have been a few times but I never ran my bike. I have a 07 ZX10 basically stock, only performance add on is a slip on and it is SWB and stock height. I have looked at other threads but I am wondering how important is the burnout? I know it will allow me to hook better but do I need to do it? I have been riding for a few years but never made a pass at the track. I don't plan on going to the track every weekend maybe once or twice a year (mainly because I dont got the money) I dont want to waste a bunch of tread on burnouts for one day. Will not doing a burn out at the track be a huge safety risk and how much will it affect my time? Also any other tips for a new guy at the track launch tips etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Slow Poke

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjamesiv View Post
Hey guys,
I am thinking about going to the drag strip for the first time. Well I have been a few times but I never ran my bike. I have a 07 ZX10 basically stock, only performance add on is a slip on and it is SWB and stock height. I have looked at other threads but I am wondering how important is the burnout? I know it will allow me to hook better but do I need to do it? I have been riding for a few years but never made a pass at the track. I don't plan on going to the track every weekend maybe once or twice a year (mainly because I dont got the money) I dont want to waste a bunch of tread on burnouts for one day. Will not doing a burn out at the track be a huge safety risk and how much will it affect my time? Also any other tips for a new guy at the track launch tips etc?
If your stock height swb DON'T do a burn out. You don't need too. Even when I had a strap and lowered if the track was decent I still didn't do burn outs. Its just a waste on a bike setup like yours is. If you were really low and geared maybe, but with as tall a gear you have and especially stock height, your gonna wheelie WAY before you will spin.. Good luck man have fun!!!
post #3 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

x2..u dont need it UNLESS u drive into the water..a small burn is ok..dont do a john force @swb..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 05:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I've had some wheelspin before on a lowered swb. I always do a small burnout to get the rocks and crap off my tire. It doesn't take much to clean it off
post #5 of 5 Old 05-25-2012, 05:19 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

I didn't have to when I went but I think it also depends on which order they run classes. Motorcycles run after Outlaw and they get VHT. If your feet stick when you get to the line you got plenty of grip for a stock setup at least.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
burnout, drag racing, strip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in