Wildhorse Pass East track - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Wildhorse Pass East track

Well after more than 5 years we will be on the east track of what was once called Firebird Raceway. It was taken over by the native American tribe and renamed Wildhorse Pass. Its nice to have it back and it has no sound restriction like our other track. Booya took the stock can off and put the Yosh on. Now lets go make some noise. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wish I could join you, bike won't be back together in time. I hear the track is in good shape!
Stay hydrated and have fun!
TechX likes this.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-09-2015, 11:51 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

This Saturday and Sunday. 7/10 & 7/11

won't make this, my bike is in pieces too.

Aiming to get back together for XCEL 9/27

Have fun, weather won't be to bad 105 and partly cloudy.

Not sure I could get up the early ;) track hot 6am.
TechX likes this.

Last edited by Bottoms-Up; 07-09-2015 at 11:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 07-10-2015, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Haha yes track hot at 6 and done by 11 in the pool by 12.
post #5 of 15 Old 07-10-2015, 06:03 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

I had a blast at firebird. some of us still call it firebird.
TechX likes this.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #6 of 15 Old 07-12-2015, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracermike View Post
I had a blast at firebird. some of us still call it firebird.

I will always remember it as fireturd. lol It was pretty hot as you can imagine but it was nice to ride east again. Track was in pretty good shape considering how long it sat without use. I wasn't comfortable pushing hard so I just set it on cruise control and it was an enjoyable day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgJ_PkPGx3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMv9DS8ranY

Same vid first no music for those who like the bike and wind noise,music on the second for those who don't.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Glad you had a good time! The last track day there on the West track was something of a crash-fest. We were off the track more than we were on it, just about every session was red-flagged for a wreck. One guy high-sided at the entrance to the straight and broke his collarbone, hope he is better.

Was there any talk of more beat-the-heat days? I should be back together by next weekend but the next track day is 9/5 in Pahrump, would like to get some more track time in before then
post #8 of 15 Old 07-12-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Litre View Post
Glad you had a good time! The last track day there on the West track was something of a crash-fest. We were off the track more than we were on it, just about every session was red-flagged for a wreck. One guy high-sided at the entrance to the straight and broke his collarbone, hope he is better.

Was there any talk of more beat-the-heat days? I should be back together by next weekend but the next track day is 9/5 in Pahrump, would like to get some more track time in before then
We had a couple of get off's. The rider pitted next to us crashed his motard in the carousel and had to be transported possible broken ribs and punctured lung. His buddies later related he was doing ok. The infamous turn ten leading on to the straight many have crashed ugly there. Toughest and sometimes most slippery corner on the track. We did have one crash there rider was uninjured. I remember year's ago a gixxer rider coming by on the brakes and promptly low siding in front of me quite the moment I did avoid him but was a shorts filler. I haven't seen any other beat the heat dates on the Desert Roadracing site. Turnout was really good so perhaps they will add another date.
post #9 of 15 Old 07-12-2015, 08:55 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I've seen plenty of guys just blow into that turn and right into the barrier or negotiate 10/11 only to break the back end loose at the entrance to the straight. A couple of times they would hook back up and go straight into the inside wall. It's very unforgiving in that area, it makes me think of how it must be to ride the Macau GP (no run off room, just walls). It's an exercise in willpower when someone has an oh shit moment right in front of you and you gotta stay in control or you get to share in the misery.
TechX likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah I know what you mean I had a buddy that lowsided the race before and broke the throttle side bar end. They found another bar end and drilled a hole for the throttle detent. During the race going into that turn the throttle housing rotated and jamed the brake lever so he couldn't apply brakes. I've never seen a bike so badly destroyed before in my life. My buddy ended up between the tire barrier and the fence he hit so hard. Tore the front end completely off the bike. He broke his femur pretty badly but lucky he wasn't hurt worse. It ended his racing career and he was a damn fast rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in