Track Days and racing in Arizona - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 01-06-2016, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Track Days and racing in Arizona

So I just moved to Mesa which is right outside of Phoenix. Not missing PA except the fact that I knew all of the track day orgs and race orgs. It was fairly popular. I figured track days and racing would be bigger out here but I'm starting to think I'm wrong. I found desertroadracing but that's it. They don't seem too big from what I gathered. CCS isn't here. ..wera.. CMRA.. Or any of the others I've heard of. Also can't seem to find who does the track days except maybe desert road racing? Some direction would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to riding more than 6 months out of the year :thumbup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-06-2016, 05:12 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by stage5 View Post
So I just moved to Mesa which is right outside of Phoenix. Not missing PA except the fact that I knew all of the track day orgs and race orgs. It was fairly popular. I figured track days and racing would be bigger out here but I'm starting to think I'm wrong. I found desertroadracing but that's it. They don't seem too big from what I gathered. CCS isn't here. ..wera.. CMRA.. Or any of the others I've heard of. Also can't seem to find who does the track days except maybe desert road racing? Some direction would be appreciated. I'm looking forward to riding more than 6 months out of the year :thumbup:
Closest great track to you, probably Chuckwalla. Go for it. Just don't complain about the weather.

Sturm und Drang
post #3 of 11 Old 01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

WERA races in Vegas, California, and Utah. Spring mountain Motorsports is a nice track in Pahrump right outside of Vegas, there are a decent amount of track days there, probably the closest active track for you. Have never ridden in Arizona.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-06-2016, 10:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Well......

Local track days....

You already found Desert Racers.

I'm usually at XCEL track days at AMP every month.

Arizona Motorsports Park

Organizer for AMP (next 01/24)

XCEL Trackdays

Chuckwall (about 3 hours away)

Home- Chuckwalla Valley Raceway

Inde Motorsports Ranch ( about 3 hours away)

Inde Motorsports Ranch - Willcox Arizona

Spring Mountain (about 5.5 hours away)

https://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/

Arroyo Seco Raceway (about 5 hours)

Arroyo

Miller Motorsports Park - supposed to reopen (about 10hrs)

Miller Motorsports Park | Motocross | Karting | Corporate Events

Button Willow Raceway (about 7.5 hours)

Buttonwillow Raceway Park | Southern California?s premier race track and testing facility

Laguna Seca (about 10.5 hours)

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
or10r, stage5 and Mantis_Tech like this.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-06-2016, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks you guys. That's a lot more that I found. I've never ridden out here except I rode up to Wild Horse motorsports park last weekend since its like 20 mins away just to check it out Thanks again. I didn't realize Chuckwalla was so freaking close. Are you going to the one on the 24th?
post #6 of 11 Old 01-07-2016, 11:16 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

...if you ever get the chance, check out Arroyo Seco. Roger & people out there are awesome, and you won't get more track time for your money anywhere else..... though it IS out in BFE. :) Super cool place.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-18-2016, 08:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Thanks you guys. That's a lot more that I found. I've never ridden out here except I rode up to Wild Horse motorsports park last weekend since its like 20 mins away just to check it out Thanks again. I didn't realize Chuckwalla was so freaking close. Are you going to the one on the 24th?

I'll be out the 24th for AMP. The track has a sound restriction of 94db you should be able to run if you have an insert in an aftermarket exhaust. The Leo Vince on my Gen 4 passes no problem. I will be out on my Gen 1 its blue. If you come out stop by and say hi. AMP is about a 35 to 40 minute drive from the eastside. The track is on Camelback about 2 miles west of Litchfield road.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
I'll be out the 24th for AMP. The track has a sound restriction of 94db you should be able to run if you have an insert in an aftermarket exhaust. The Leo Vince on my Gen 4 passes no problem. I will be out on my Gen 1 its blue. If you come out stop by and say hi. AMP is about a 35 to 40 minute drive from the eastside. The track is on Camelback about 2 miles west of Litchfield road.
My bike isn't quite track ready :-/ by I think I'll ride out there on my street bike and hang out. So bring an extra chair! Also I guess I'll either need to get an insert or put the OEM one on when I do come out. PM me your # and I'll buzz you when I roll out
post #9 of 11 Old 01-19-2016, 09:43 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
My bike isn't quite track ready :-/ by I think I'll ride out there on my street bike and hang out. So bring an extra chair! Also I guess I'll either need to get an insert or put the OEM one on when I do come out. PM me your # and I'll buzz you when I roll out
Sounds good extra chair for sure.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-19-2016, 09:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I think I'll ride out there on my street bike and hang out. ..........I guess I'll either need to get an insert or put the OEM one on when I do come out.
I got a spare roll of blue painters tape

I failed sound cert and just reverted back to OEM on the gen 2

I'll be out there as well stop by and say hi.

Should be a very nice day. Just look for.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in