Survey of Interest in Graves Rear Sets - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
View Poll Results: How interested are you in purchasing adjustable rear sets made by Graves Motorsports?
YES! I would most likely buy Graves rear sets 2 14.29%
NO (for any reason) 4 28.57%
I don't know/need more info/don't care 8 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Survey of Interest in Graves Rear Sets

Please help out by responding to this poll...

Graves Motorsports is developing rear sets for the ZX10; I would like to help them gather some data on interest.

****DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way associated with Graves Motorsports in a business connection. I am doing this poll on my own out of curiosity****

1- YES! I would most likely purchase Graves adjustable rear sets for my ZX10

2- NO I am not interested in their product (or already have rear sets, or any other reason)

3- I Don't Know

Here's a link to rear sets Graves makes for other brands. The rear sets would be similar and prob a similar price $400-$600
Fully machined.
I ran them on my R1. Incredibly durable, easy to swap out pegs. The pegs have excellent grip without destroying your boots (or body in a crash). Side note: I had Vortex pegs rip open my suit, under armor and nearly sliced open my inner thigh in a crash).
I had a few crashes with the Graves pegs and the rear set bracket holds up incredibly well with only the peg breaking. Pegs are cheap & easy to replace.
I had one break at the rear brake res & it was easily welded back together. Since they're fully machined from stock, you can weld minor things back.

http://www.gravesport.com/Rearsets.html

Last edited by KK352; 06-23-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

obviously would need to see the product & pricing, but sounds good to me

Yoshimura ... DynoJet PCV ... ECUleashed flash ... BMC race airfilter ... DynoTuned ... K-Tech 20DDS Fork/Cartridges ... K-Tech 35DDS Rear Shock ... Rear Linkage kit ... Brembo T-Drive rotors ... Accossato Master Cylinder ... Vesrah pads ...

Last edited by SDsting; 06-23-2014 at 01:59 PM.
post #3 of 13 Old 06-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

May be interested.. need more info.

2012 ZX-10R Metalic Flat Platinum | Leo Vince Factory EVO II Carbon W/Link Pipe | R&G Exhaust Hanger | OEM Solo Cowl | Yoshimura Fender Eliminator | Yoshimura Sliders | Driven Block Offs | Guhl Motors ECU Flash/Map

2010 Z1000 Black/Silver | R&G Tail Tidy | Puig Windscreen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 06-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
Details needed.....and pricing, already have Vortex ones installed.

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver

Last edited by Slo; 06-26-2014 at 12:36 PM.
post #5 of 13 Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Hard to say without something to see, but for the right price, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
i could give two shits if you were taking a bubble bath in applesauce being fed grapes by lemurs with electrodes attached to your nipples in the bed of a semi truck, as long as you're not holding up traffic, go for it
post #6 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I voted no, because I'm good with the stock ones.
But if I was going to change them , for looks only, I would go with the Woodcraft.
post #7 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Johnny – not sure if you’ve ever ridden your zx10 on the track, but last month I took mine out for the first time and the first thing I noticed was how much trouble I had up-shifting while still leaned over in a left-hand turn, couldn’t get my boot comfortably under that shift lever until the bike was straightened up. I believe rearsets correct this issue. Shifting while your body is still shifted off the bike would probably never come up on the street but it certainly does on the track. If you’re not going to the track then I wouldn’t change your stock footpegs

Yoshimura ... DynoJet PCV ... ECUleashed flash ... BMC race airfilter ... DynoTuned ... K-Tech 20DDS Fork/Cartridges ... K-Tech 35DDS Rear Shock ... Rear Linkage kit ... Brembo T-Drive rotors ... Accossato Master Cylinder ... Vesrah pads ...
post #8 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I would be interested in the Graves, maybe.

Last edited by SelenaP; 06-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Looks like similar options are priced around $350 - $400 for name brands. If the price point was in that range, I'd consider the Graves option

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
post #10 of 13 Old 06-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I voted no, but I'm a Sato guy.
I have a full Graves exhaust on my bike, and I loved their customer service.
Awful lotta players in the rearset market, do the Graves work/look better than any of the options already on the market?
Another concern is a problem some other brands have, will they work with the abs bikes?
I know a lot of guys just work around rearsets that don't, but I'll be dammed if I would put up with paying $600 for rearsets that aren't designed to bolt right on ( I'm looking at you Attack)

Since they already make (or have someone making) sets, why wouldn't they make them for all the popular apps already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in