Rossi's thoughts on the current situation.. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
talker of shite

Posting Frequency

Rossi's thoughts on the current situation..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60157 found this & thought it was a good read.

Rossi fears for championship chances

By Jonathan Noble and Toby Moody Monday, June 25th 2007, 09:49 GMT

Valentino Rossi has conceded that he is a facing a more difficult task to fight back against Casey Stoner this year than he had last season when he nearly overhauled an ever bigger margin to Nicky Hayden.

The Fiat Yamaha rider saw Stoner extend his championship lead to 26 points with a dominant victory in the British Grand Prix, after tyre problems left him languishing in fourth place.

And although this time last year Rossi was facing an even bigger points disadvantage to Hayden before hauling it back, the Italian admits his challenge will be much harder this time around.

"For sure for me it is more difficult," said Rossi, who has won just two races so far this year. "But we have to understand the situation. Last year we had to fight against bad luck. This year we have to fight against a real rival."

Although a lot has been made of the fact that Stoner's points advantage means he is now more than one race win clear, Rossi thinks the real issue for him is the relative performance of his bike against the Ducati Marlboro.

"He has one race (points advantage). It is not very much. I am not very worried for the 26 points. I am more worried for our problems.

"For us to try and fight with him and beat him I need to ride like I want and at the maximum. But with this type of problem we always have to fight against other things, especially against our tyres."

Rossi thinks the fight for the MotoGP championship is now a straight two-way battle between himself and Stoner, but believes he will be out of it also if his tyre supplier Michelin does not make big steps forward over the next few weeks.

Speaking about whether Dani Pedrosa was still a contender, Rossi said: "If we have problems, then Pedrosa has bigger problems. We are in the same boat.

"It is very difficult to fight against Stoner this year because with different tyres, it is more difficult. Like in the past when (Loris) Capirossi had a good Bridgestone. For me, there was nothing to do."

And after a longer than normal post-race debrief at Donington Park last night, Rossi believes Fiat Yamaha and Michelin have to look to themselves to overcome shortcomings before they even think about how best to deal with Stoner's advantage.

"Before we try to think about the tactic we have to fix our problems. It is like this. We don't make mistakes in the race with the tyres or the setting. This was our potential. It was 21 seconds slower than Stoner-Bridgestone-Ducati.

"This is the big problem. We have to make a tactic for us before we make a tactic to beat him."

Has anyone seen my marbles ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Again Rossi-haters will refuse to see that there is a big problem with the tyres, even though the man himself admits openly the lack of performance from one one his main sponsors.

To be honest I don't care if he wins the cship or not, it just makes me happy as a Rossi fan to see that with all the dramas he still gets the best out of his bike/set up and once the race is over I know that no other rider could top that if they had the same bike and tyres. Of course on a rare occassion someone like Colin can do it like he did last weekend.
post #3 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Macke
Quote:
Originally Posted by danno22 View Post
...."For sure for me it is more difficult," said Rossi, who has won just two races so far this year. "But we have to understand the situation. Last year we had to fight against bad luck. This year we have to fight against a real rival."

If you can't race fast, atleast you can look fast...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 AM

Posting Frequency

Hmmm...I wonder if Rossi has heard about the PP recall?
post #5 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Posting Frequency

Hayden's copp'n it from everyone these days.....
post #6 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:57 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Man talk about a slap in the face..."Real Rival" Im sure Hayden will take offense to that.

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
post #7 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 07:59 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to Macke
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-7rking View Post
Man talk about a slap in the face..."Real Rival" Im sure Hayden will take offense to that.
I'm sure.... I bet his confidence is already sky high....

If you can't race fast, atleast you can look fast...

post #8 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 08:00 AM

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx-7rking View Post
Man talk about a slap in the face....
Kinda what I thought.
post #9 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Why is it when Rossi loses its because of a problem not that someone else is better than him.

Some people need to learn that he is just like everyone else and makes mistakes and has bad luck.

Black and Green 05 ZX10R - Race Bike
post #10 of 102 Old 06-26-2007, 10:11 AM
FAF
Rent this space

Posting Frequency

Grip was the issue, and it was plain to see Rossi lacked it at the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in