Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Roberts drafts in son Kurtis.

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Hattori Hanzo 
#1 ·
:headshake Roberts drafts in son Kurtis.

Troubled Team KR is to draft in flame-haired Kurtis Roberts, brother of current rider Kenny Roberts Junior, for the next round of the 2007 MotoGP World Championship at Mugello on June 3.

#3 ·
Sorry guys, I know you're really patriotic, and it's probably fun with another American in MotoGP.

But maaan, couldn't they pick anybody else.. I mean, there are a whole bunch of riders that are in a different leauge that Curtis... If they mean business with the development, they should hire someone else...

There's no legal contract that say that you HAVE to hire just family... LOL

#7 ·
Sorry guys, I know you're really patriotic, and it's probably fun with another American in MotoGP.

But maaan, couldn't they pick anybody else.. I mean, there are a whole bunch of riders that are in a different leauge that Curtis... If they mean business with the development, they should hire someone else...

There's no legal contract that say that you HAVE to hire just family... LOL
your 100% correct. frankly i don't care much for the whiney lill red haired bastid as he's of the disposition everyone owes him somethin...:thefinger

BD

#5 ·
Yeah, talk about a step backwards. The only reason I figure he's getting hired is to save money. I'm sure Kenny's picking up Kurtis pretty CHEAP compared to some of the other guys on the grid. That scoul-faced kid has got some talent, but has never really proven himself to be at the same level as the guys in AMA when he was riding for Honda. It seems like he's been on his father's coat tails his whole life.

I think the MotoGP experience is going to be miserable for him and the whole Roberts' team. At least this explains why he pulled the plug with Chandler's NFS AMA team.

#10 ·
Well here is the thing...it doesnt matter who he brings in the bike aint fast enough. way down on top speed so people like pedrosa are the only ones going fast!!! 30 lbs in weight is huge. Look at stoner he coundt finish a race last year now he is leading. The ducs are so much faster that its hard to make up the time in the corners and braking. Hell rossi couldnt make the new honda motor win. Shit its really just a well developed rc45 motor. And maybe kenny could have some more cash for bikes if he would make that new kr tuned exhaust for my 05 zx10. Bastards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.