Road America AMA Race in May - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-26-2015, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Road America AMA Race in May

Hey guys, well the wife got me tickets to the AMA Superbike race in may and well be going that saturday and sunday (may 30th & 31st)

I've never been to anything more than a local track and local racers.....

What am I in for? Anyone else attending? I will admit it I never really followed road racing so not sure whos even riding lol.

http://www.roadamerica.com/buy-ticke...ro-racing.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-04-2015, 05:46 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've only been to one AMA event years ago when Mladin was still riding. Been making the flight to Indy the last several years for MotoGP. I always love going. Even my wife who has no interest in it thought it was great.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll be there. It's a good time with lots of motorcycle people and their bikes. I will say though that the racing is not as good as it use to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 03-04-2015, 06:49 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That will be a nice trip from South Fla to Wisconsin.

Your riding, driving or flying?
post #5 of 12 Old 03-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Itll be a fun time as long as it doesnt rain on 1 of the days. Ive been going for the past 20 or so years and almost every single year it rains to some degree on either Sat or Sunday. Keep an eye out for my bike as Im sure ill be there.

Its definitely a beautiful facility though, and an amazing track. Hopefully I can make it to the 2 track days there the following Monday and Tuesday with STT.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm hoping to be out there for a couple track days at the end of the month, i've heard May is a super rainy month out there as well. It'll be good practice for learning to race in the rain though.

I'd love to make a trip out there to see some AMA racing, we'll see if the budget allows. A couple local kids will be racing, and i've been wanting to watch them in action for a while now.
post #7 of 12 Old 03-05-2015, 08:25 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I was there last year under the Kyle Wyman tent. All I can say is RA is HUGE! Lots of places to watch from. Also you can walk through the pits at any time and they do a fan walk down hot pit at lunch. Ill be under the K-Tech tent this year so swing by and say hi.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #8 of 12 Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have not been to that track specifically Garth but the last AMA event I went to was the 200 in Daytona. Probably the best time I have had as far as full on access at a race goes. I got to go down on to the track and meet all of the riders along with autographed posters and plenty of pics. Im not sure what the "new" AMA will be like as far as all that goes. Im also not sure I will be at the 200 this years to find out. All in all though your gonna have a blast.

post #9 of 12 Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brimal_rage View Post
Itll be a fun time as long as it doesnt rain on 1 of the days. Ive been going for the past 20 or so years and almost every single year it rains to some degree on either Sat or Sunday... Its definitely a beautiful facility though, and an amazing track.
This!

Went every year from '91-2012. Last few years have conflicted with kids graduating and other family things, but hope to make it this year. Wish they would move the weekend back to the end of June. Was hot then, but at least it didn't rain as much.

Get ready to do a lot of walking. 4 mile hilly track so unless you only want to see a few corners, you'll need to keep moving. Bikes are ok, but like I said, hilly. Every year my buddy would try to talk me into getting a golf cart, but I think they're around $250 for the weekend.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
--Dr. Seuss
post #10 of 12 Old 03-05-2015, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Speed Freak

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to garth285
Awesome sounds good guys! Yeah the wife and I are going to fly up for a long weekend, see some family close by hopefully and go to the track, I saw they have shifter cart rentals to, that should be fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in