psr tire warmers - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-22-2013, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

psr tire warmers

Does anyone here have any experience with psr digital tire warmers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Nobody???...usually SOME body chimes in! Lol.

post #3 of 6 Old 10-24-2013, 08:57 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've read they steal designs from other companies and have them made in China.

Here is a read for you about them:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=274725

I personally use Chicken Hawk warmers now and love them, worth every penny. I used to have a set of Chinese tire warmers. This time last year actually. It was an unusually cold day and I went out for a race on my slicks. I get to turn 2 at barber and go to accelerate out of it. My back in came around on me and I flew over the bars. I crushed the bones in my left hand and was out of commission for 5 months as my bones healed and therapy to get my hand working again. My fingers still don't look right. Turns out of the POS warmers I had were not good enough to keep heat into the tires. It was getting the surface hot, but nothing past that. They had little insulation so the heat they did generate was coming out and not soaking into the tire. The light came on indicating they were up to temp, but that was not the case. My thought before was just "It's just a heat blanket right, what does it matter?" Well, I learned my lesson.

I can't say either way on the PSR warmers, but just make 100% sure that they are good warmers before going with them. From what I've heard of their company, I'd stay away from them. But it is possible they copied whatever design well enough.

Known good brands:
Chicken Hawk / Suzuka
Woodcraft
T2

------------
WERA Expert #43
2012 WERA National Challenge Series Open Superstock Novice Champion
http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerpro...30532136163864

COMET RACING LEATHERS

2011 ZX-10R Race bike (Vortex, Silkolene, Leatt, Yoshimura, BRIDGESTONE)
2013 ZX-6R 636 Race bike
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Slo
Is still Slo

Posting Frequency

Garage
I have some other products from them like gas cap and levers... never had any issues. But even without issues, I would stay with others warmers like CHR/Woodcraft.

There is a pretty decent priced alternative if your on a budget: moto-d as well.

2015 ZX10R - Archer flash+goodies - Arrow - TechSpec lock kit tank pad - Spiegler lines
CL Pads - 520 kit - LSL sliders & rearset - Yoshi case guards - custom seats - Gyrocam GoPro 4 Silver
post #5 of 6 Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman0066 View Post
i've read they steal designs from other companies and have them made in china.

Here is a read for you about them:
http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=274725

i personally use chicken hawk warmers now and love them, worth every penny. I used to have a set of chinese tire warmers. This time last year actually. It was an unusually cold day and i went out for a race on my slicks. I get to turn 2 at barber and go to accelerate out of it. My back in came around on me and i flew over the bars. I crushed the bones in my left hand and was out of commission for 5 months as my bones healed and therapy to get my hand working again. My fingers still don't look right. Turns out of the pos warmers i had were not good enough to keep heat into the tires. It was getting the surface hot, but nothing past that. They had little insulation so the heat they did generate was coming out and not soaking into the tire. The light came on indicating they were up to temp, but that was not the case. My thought before was just "it's just a heat blanket right, what does it matter?" well, i learned my lesson.

I can't say either way on the psr warmers, but just make 100% sure that they are good warmers before going with them. From what i've heard of their company, i'd stay away from them. But it is possible they copied whatever design well enough.

Known good brands:
Chicken hawk / suzuka
woodcraft
t2
Chicken Hawk and Woodcraft or great options. We used Capit warmers on the race team this year and worked out well too. The biggest thing is service after the sale in my opinion when it comes to warmers. If you have warranty or defect issue easier to deal with someone in the US...

Call TJ at 866-931-6644 ext 817. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube

Last edited by ridersdiscount; 10-24-2013 at 11:06 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thank you for the info everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in