Hillbillie Mod

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to hillcountry10r
N. Hayden going back to school...

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Apr/070410a2.htm

Coming To Grips With Smaller RCV
Hayden On 800cc Honda, Shoulder Injury
by dean adams
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 Hayden off to the Spencer School this week.Reigning world champion Nicky Hayden appeared on Dave Despain's Wind Tunnel program on Speed Sunday night. Hayden was asked for and gave an appraisal of his performance two races into the 2007 MotoGP season.
Despain asked Hayden about the current condition of his shoulder which was operated on by Dr. Ting in the off-season. Hayden said that he had recently been given a shot of cortisone in order to loosen the joint up to give him a freer range of motion.
Regarding the 2007 RC212V, of which Hayden and teammate Dani Pedrosa are said to have tested several different chassis in the pre-season and race season in order to give the machine more front end stability, Hayden said, "We have some issues. I can't just say that it's all bike, I mean,
obviously, I haven't made the transition to the new bike as smooth as I need to. It definitely takes a different style and different approach. You need to be really smooth and have really good corner speed. I grew up dirt tracking—get in hot, square the corner up, diamond it off but that's not really working right now on these new bikes. I have a lot of work ahead of me."
Hayden seemed to indicate that he is seeing light at the end of the tunnel because his race results at Jerez were better than they were at Qatar, the opening round of the 2007 MGP season."The good thing is that we are only two races in and I was a lot closer the second race than I was the first race. The result may have not looked a lot better," said Hayden.
Hayden seemed ready to accept most of the blame for his poor results, predominantly deflecting criticism of the new V-4 Honda GP machine."(I) Definitely need to improve. Also the bike, not just me, but all of the Honda riders are having some problems on the front end. That's one of my worst things. I like to be confident on the front end. I've had a few crashes on the front end and it don't take long to start
losing a bit of confidence," he commented.
Hayden confessed at the end of the live interview that he was due to arrive at the Freddie Spencer Riding School this week, where he would be doing laps with the former three-time world champion. Presumably, Spencer, who has privately coached several top riders—including Kurtis Roberts—will be helping Hayden to understand how to adapt to the new 800cc MotoGP bikes.

ENDS

For every species of beasts and birds, of reptiles and creatures of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by the human race. But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil full of deadly poison.
James 3:7,8

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Good read, thanks Hill
post #3 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 11:53 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Nicky mentioned that he was going to Fast Freddy's school yesterday's Speed TV news.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the post Hill..good read. Exactly what Rossi said Hayden would have problems with when it comes to riding a smaller displacement bike, and having a dirt track background.

BK
05-ZX10R
2K ZX-7R
01' ZX-6R<-- Wifes
post #5 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Lillfool Send a message via Skype™ to Lillfool
He'll get it sooner or later. Can't wait until he does. Just hopefully it won't be late and out of the championship race.
post #6 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillfool
He'll get it sooner or later. Can't wait until he does. Just hopefully it won't be late and out of the championship race.
I agree. I don't think he'll be too late. Once he snaps in, he'll be great.

post #7 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Nickelsig229
I think this season and the rest of his motogp career is gone. We'll have to see what history brings us in a few years.
post #8 of 67 Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 PM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelsig229
I think this season and the rest of his motogp career is gone. We'll have to see what history brings us in a few years.
yea right!! thats just so dumb

BD

Those who stir the shit pot should have to lick the spoon.
post #9 of 67 Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 AM
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to cain772 Send a message via Yahoo to cain772
Good read, it's never to go back to school.
Thanks hill

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
post #10 of 67 Old 04-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Nickelsig229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy
yea right!! thats just so dumb

BD

Why?

How is it that people have put Hayden with the ranks of Rainey, Lawson, and Shwantz?

Hayden has been in GP for some 65 odd races and won only 3. His championship can't be uttered without a smirk or laugh except in the USA.

His body, style and experience are out of place on the new 800 frames. He wasn't cultivated in the 125 and 250 class. Why is it dumb to think that unless Motogp returns to the litter class he may never be as good as he was.

Now if you base your statements on the fact that your a die hard Hayden fan then I'll accept what you say as a fan supporting his rider. And I'll counter with "whose leading the championship baby!"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in