Gen 4: 2011-2015 My first track day! Miller Motorsports Park - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

My first track day! Miller Motorsports Park

Did my first track day ever on Memorial Day! It was the full course at Miller Motorsports Park and it was an amazing experience.
I still had the stock Bridgestones on when I got there, so I went over to the tire station to inquire about slicks. I ended up going with a set of Pirelli red stripes because I don't have tire warmers. $390 plus install.
Mods include M4 carbon street slayer slipon, Archer flash with fuel map, Riflemans throttle insert, -1 +2 sprockets, techspec tank pads, shorty levers, and front brake stainless line.
I did four sessions, each of which lasted 30 minutes. The first session was pretty much worthless, as I only got on the track in time for two laps. The second session consisted mainly of learning the track. I just sat behind an R6 that seemed to know what he was doing, and learned the lines.

The third session is the first video, and the last session is broken up into the other two videos (I couldn't tell if the gopro was on so I pulled over and made sure.) I ended up finding TechX and his son in between the second and third session. They offered me a spot in their garage. Thanks again guys!

It was great to go out and not worry about animals, cops, cars, or road conditions. The biggest thing I learned was that I need to get on the power sooner and use more track. I wasn't sure how much I could push on corner exit, but the slicks never broke loose once. Also, I am still putting too much weight on my arms, as a few times towards the end of the session I could feel my forearms cramping.
All in all, I had a blast and I plan to get back on the track whenever I can next.

Videos on YouTube should you care to watch.
http://youtu.be/_oaSYaJvk6I
http://youtu.be/cnuO-h7HLto
http://youtu.be/dgcakQdbSYY

Last edited by Chris99sleeve; 10-02-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Nice one. Being on the track is exhilarating to say the least. Nothing compares to it. Looks like you did pretty good. Practice makes perfect. Just take your time and enjoy it. The one time I destroyed my bike and almost killed myself I was being too aggressive. Now I'm just chill and enjoy the flow.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #3 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
Nice one. Being on the track is exhilarating to say the least. Nothing compares to it. Looks like you did pretty good. Practice makes perfect. Just take your time and enjoy it. The one time I destroyed my bike and almost killed myself I was being too aggressive. Now I'm just chill and enjoy the flow.
I hear ya. I would call this session chill. Def didn't want to drop the bike. My problem is that I'm too competitive and have that need for speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 06:38 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Chris it was great to meet you. It was an awesome day. Your lucky you have a world class track right there to ride. I think you have come over to the darkside. Lol.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris99sleeve View Post
I hear ya. I would call this session chill. Def didn't want to drop the bike. My problem is that I'm too competitive and have that need for speed.
I am pretty competitive too...but I started thinking after my crash that I am not getting paid to race so what's the point of being first. lol I still push myself but just not as much.

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #6 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Awesome!

Are you now a Trackday Junkie?
post #7 of 7 Old 10-02-2014, 08:53 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoto73 View Post
I am pretty competitive too...but I started thinking after my crash that I am not getting paid to race so what's the point of being first. lol I still push myself but just not as much.
Thats the best way to look at track day go fast but dont push the ragged edge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in