I'll be attending YCRS this Feb 16-17 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll be attending YCRS this Feb 16-17

Has any one here had the opportunity to attend the best track school in the nation?

Last edited by Jollygreen; 02-03-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 12:06 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollygreen View Post
Has any one here has the opportunity to attend the best track school in the nation?
Their here for our Feb track but 1000 bucks yikes.
post #3 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 01:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

They are pricy, but I will probably get more knowledge than I did in all of the local track day schools here is south Texas.
post #5 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I will post footage when I get back. I just hope I can get some tips from someone here and hopefully see others perspective that have attended.
post #6 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 03:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I haven't attended YCRS, but I did attend quite a few schools put on by one of their coaches, Chris Peris. He used to run his own school at Inde after he stopped racing for Team Iron Horse BMW/Evan Steel Performance in AMA.

I actually preferred his schools since the class size were very small... and his wife made us sammiches :) Learned quite a bit every time I went.

I heard he signed on with YCRS and it looks like it's a year long deal as he has no track classes up on his website and only offers private lessons and track rentals for $1200. This is a little more than 2x what his classes used to cost but I'd gladly pay that for the track/instructor time for myself. Especially on Inde. That is a fun ass track. The facilities there are absolutely amazing as well. Enjoy your time out there! You'll have a blast.
post #7 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollygreen View Post
I will post footage when I get back. I just hope I can get some tips from someone here and hopefully see others perspective that have attended.
I'm excited for you, what a great learning opportunity!
They have a youtube page with a bunch of intro videos of what you'll be learning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGmFG9sOno&list=PLX6NQNungleYhncVfEha7Ovx HIyckEnmJ

Also, there is fastersafer.com created by Ken and Nick with a bunch of articles and videos on different aspects of riding.

There is another outfit, Rickdiculous Racing, that is run out here in CA, and I am signed up to learn from them on April 2nd

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount

Last edited by Animal11; 02-03-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: added link
post #8 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Sweet, thanks animal. I'll get on that as soon as I get home. Maybe I'll work my way into having a season like you had last year in the near future.
post #9 of 33 Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I haven't attended YCRS, but I did attend quite a few schools put on by one of their coaches, Chris Peris. He used to run his own school at Inde after he stopped racing for Team Iron Horse BMW/Evan Steel Performance in AMA.

I actually preferred his schools since the class size were very small... and his wife made us sammiches :) Learned quite a bit every time I went.

I heard he signed on with YCRS and it looks like it's a year long deal as he has no track classes up on his website and only offers private lessons and track rentals for $1200. This is a little more than 2x what his classes used to cost but I'd gladly pay that for the track/instructor time for myself. Especially on Inde. That is a fun ass track. The facilities there are absolutely amazing as well. Enjoy your time out there! You'll have a blast.
Speaking of which...
I'll be having a third day one on one with Chris on the 18th. :) maybe another rider if they have anyone else do it. So far I'm the only one and I'm so excited. Thanks Anthony.
post #10 of 33 Old 02-04-2015, 04:56 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Man that looks jam up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in