Health insurance after track off - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-04-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Health insurance after track off

I had a pretty bad off last month. The hospital has me down for a motor vehicle accident. Insurance is trying to ferret out a way to make somebody else pay for my bills. I am required to fill out a form including where and how the wreck occurred. I am curious if anyone else has had to deal with this.
I wasn't racing, it was only a track day. The ambulance did take me from the track, so they will probably know I wrecked there. Any input may save me around 60 grand. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Well I have HEARD that as long as you arent racing that it would be covered. Key word there is heard. My understanding is that the wording used should implicate that the event were geared towards rider education."The event uses control riders to evaluate rider skill and advise on ways to improve the riders ability to ride safely." That type of thing. I would never advise insurance fraud but I do believe that riding on the track is a safe alternative to riding on the street. In fact I learned more my first few track days than in years of street riding. Best of luck to you and heal up fast.

post #3 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Advanced educational course.
Stt stress this and will back u up.
Hope it works out for u I only had 5k medical on my bike policies when I wrecked at barber

2010 Zx10r Black spark Bazzaz zfi with QS,Puig Blue Double bubble,vortex rear sets,Blue Spools, fork sliders and oil fill cap,M4 street slayer,Penske triple clicker -1 +3 gearing 520 chain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 01:28 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

closed course riding event. only you were involved, no other bikes or cars were involved. that is all they need to know. dont give them any more. Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Sounds like good advice. I am coming to the conclusion that these people are professional crooks and I need to avoid as much interaction as possible.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Gone Ridin'

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to twidget Send a message via MSN to twidget Send a message via Yahoo to twidget
Quote:
Originally Posted by aodrn View Post
I had a pretty bad off last month. The hospital has me down for a motor vehicle accident. Insurance is trying to ferret out a way to make somebody else pay for my bills. I am required to fill out a form including where and how the wreck occurred. I am curious if anyone else has had to deal with this.
I wasn't racing, it was only a track day. The ambulance did take me from the track, so they will probably know I wrecked there. Any input may save me around 60 grand. Thanks
Yea, I had to list mine as off-road accident.
They didn't really give me a hard time, but yes they want to subrogate if possible and pursue other insurances (i.e. a car ran you over).

: Twidget
post #7 of 15 Old 10-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Remember, insurance works for you. You tell them what happened, and it is what happened. Dont be afraid to get mean with them. Good luck.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Update? Curious how this turned out?
post #9 of 15 Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

So far they haven't bothered me about the track. They sent a form from a third party asking for a lot of detail.(I think this is called subrogation) I ignored it and it seems to have gone away. So far it seems like they are in the habbit of just looking for people to disqualify themselves or make other parties liable. I don't think at this point that they took specific interest in my case to tell you the truth. They are just keeping with an MO of trying to weasel out of paying by sending random crap to everyone that makes a claim. I could be wrong, we will see.
post #10 of 15 Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Hypothetically if you took someone out during a track-day would your liability insurance would cover their injuries and damage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in