Handling? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Handling?

Hey all!

Had a ride on my mates 04 cbr600rr the other day and all i can say is WOW. After getting used to not having a slipper clutch and having to shift in extra places i got my times down (only 2nd time on the bike) to a 1:09. I can do a 1:03 on the zx-10. I could have gone a lot faster if i had a little bit more time on it.
Anyway the reason i post this is his bike felt sorted...very comfortable and fast through the corners, like it wanted to be there rather than the 10 that has to be "held" in the corners.His bike has been setup with worked suspension too.
My Q's are what can i do to get my bike feeling a bit more like his 600? I don't have money to spend (and if i did it would go to getting a dedicated track bike) so it needs to stay with standard suspension and maybe different tyre sizes when the rear needs replacing.
Where do i start with the suspension and where should i be looking for considering i won't get to really try it out till i get on track? I weigh 110Kg's and am 188cm's tall.
I run a diablo corsa 3 rear, does anyone know if they come in a 55 (or is it 50 , i always get confused)? I know the standard diablo corsa's didn't.

If anyone can help that would be awesome!

Once i thought more than two strokes was masturbation. Now I realise that 4 feel better, and who am I to argue with my feelings.

05 Black/white road/track zx-10r. Race fairings with stock headlight custom blinkers, Brembo MC, HEL braided lines, Toby dampner, Mustard Block-off plates, plugged airbox, Mustard Heel guards, Mustard Ram-air tube support, custom flip-up rear fender eliminator, custom rear fender, custom seat cowl, corsa 111's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in