Gen I track only conversion - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Gen I track only conversion

Well I've decided to take the Gen I and make it a track only bike, I'll probably buy a Harley for the street as I only seem to really enjoy the sport bike when I'm at the track. So I bought a few goodies and some of it showed up today.

Ohlins rear, Brembo 19x18 master, Brembo M4's, Dynojet Quickshifter, and Hotbodies race plastics to start the transformation.

The canvas is a 2004 10R with a bit over 12,000 miles on it. Will be doing Grattan Aug 24-25, hopefully I'll see some of you folks out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1262.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	215578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	195.6 KB
ID:	215586   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	215594  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 08-03-2013, 10:41 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

we will be there. just got the 636 back last night from rebuilding the transmission. ready to have an uneventful track day this year.

where did you get the shock and calipers? what did they set you back, if you dont mind me asking? Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.

Last edited by skidooboy; 08-03-2013 at 02:31 PM.
post #3 of 27 Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice very nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 08-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Some seriously sweet additions.

post #5 of 27 Old 08-04-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Galfer SS lines and Brembo master showed up today and was able to get them installed.

NRC engine covers also showed up but the right side is on back order, so I might just wait to put those on. The install for the calipers and master cylinder was pretty painless. The shock was a different story needed to loosen the rear sub-frame in order to give the shock enough clearance to make it through the swingarm.

Now I'm just waiting on Hotbodies race plastic to show up, they said 1-3 weeks so that means 3 weeks which means I'll have to run OEM fairings for Grattan track day.

All in all has been painless but expensive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1285[1].jpg
Views:	231
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	215738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1284[1].jpg
Views:	229
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	215746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1276[1].jpg
Views:	226
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	215754   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1271[1].jpg
Views:	225
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	215762  
post #6 of 27 Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
we will be there. just got the 636 back last night from rebuilding the transmission. ready to have an uneventful track day this year.

where did you get the shock and calipers? what did they set you back, if you dont mind me asking? Ski
What work did you have done ski?

I bought both the calipers and Shock from Hard racing performance, hardracing.com They have a dedicated page with discount items for the 04-05 10R. Shock was $850 and Brembos were $1,100. I did some shopping around and think it was a pretty good deal overall. No regrets at the moment, until someone uploads a link with cheaper prices

T-Town-Tom and I will be training up there Fri night, when are you going to be pulling in?
post #7 of 27 Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Where did you find the covers at?

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #8 of 27 Old 08-04-2013, 10:13 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

my trans had been dropping out of third and going into second or a false neutral. cost me a crash and a broken shoulder blade in june over the hump at grattan. (plus the bike damage). my tech tore the motor down, and we replaced anything that looked remotely worn. 2 input gears 3 output gears, all three shift forks, and the shift drum itself. i put the bike back together friday night. i should be at gingerman right now shaking the bike down but, i sit here typing away.

we will get there friday night, and set up the pit for the weekend. cant miss me riding around the pits on my unicycle :D

white gmc, white legend trailer, kawasaki's under the parts unlimited awning.

thinking about asking for an unpaid day off for next fridays pro school at grattan. i bought my license for wera, i just need to take the pro school to be able to race. Ski

Ski

May we all, get to have a chance to ride the fast one, walk away wiser when we crash one, keep hopin that the best one is the last one.
post #9 of 27 Old 08-05-2013, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evallarta1 View Post
Where did you find the covers at?
I found the engine covers at http://www.indysuperbike.com/ they are not as pretty as the woodcraft covers but they will do the trick. I even called woodcraft to see if they would do a special production order and they were like Hellz to the no! LOL
post #10 of 27 Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooboy View Post
my trans had been dropping out of third and going into second or a false neutral. cost me a crash and a broken shoulder blade in june over the hump at grattan. (plus the bike damage). my tech tore the motor down, and we replaced anything that looked remotely worn. 2 input gears 3 output gears, all three shift forks, and the shift drum itself. i put the bike back together friday night. i should be at gingerman right now shaking the bike down but, i sit here typing away.

we will get there friday night, and set up the pit for the weekend. cant miss me riding around the pits on my unicycle :D

white gmc, white legend trailer, kawasaki's under the parts unlimited awning.

thinking about asking for an unpaid day off for next fridays pro school at grattan. i bought my license for wera, i just need to take the pro school to be able to race. Ski

Ski

Dam ski that's a lot of work, I hope the shoulder is healed up now. How did the ride around the neighborhood shakedown go? I always piss of my neighbors running up the motort up and down the road or in the garage.

Will see you at Grattan! White expedition, white trailer can't wait to have a Beer...........errrrrrr Gatorade Friday night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in