Francorchamps trackday 30/04/2014 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 05-02-2014, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My trackday movies was (Francorchamps trackday 30/04/2014)

Edited the title to my trackdays ... for the simple reason that i can post in the same topic

Hey guys, didn't do any trackdays last year bcuz of some health problems i had from may 2013. It's getting a little better so i wanted to try a trackday so i could test my fysic And for that fysical test i booked a trackday @ my home country Belgium the F1 track Spa Francorchamps
Bcuz i didn't had any trackdays in 2013 and i'm not in shape i put myself in the C group (i'm normaly a B group rider).
@ noon you've got to check in at the trackday organiser to check in what group you're in (if your to fast or to slow they move you to the group that suits you best so the groups are more at the same pace).

@ the end of the 1st session of the day i was strugling with my fysic and was glad the 20 minutes were over. I was completely worn out and had 2 lay down for 30min to recover some energy after this i decided to take my meds sooner then lunch time. Took my meds and ate a snickers and a banana, 30min later we have recovered most of the energy.

Second session of the day went really well and my fysical condition was much better by the end of it, and i didn't had to lay down anymore

Lunch time and rest time, after i ate my spaghetti i checked in at the trackday organisation for some info in witch group i'm riding in the afternoon ... here you go A group for you ... (me) are you sure you didn't make a mistake ... they sad my name and that was correct so no we didn't make a mistake. Like i sad before i'm a B group rider and i'm not fast enough for the A group but hey what are you gonna do about it

Third session went more then ok, i even put in a personal best time and went from 2'54'45 from 2012 to 2'51'43 but at the second last lap i heard much more exhaust noise then before and before the double left i took a quick peak at my MIVV GP can and the whole end cap with the db-killer was blown of by the power of this beast ... it whas completely ripped of from the CF mantel (see pic's) ... i've never seen something like this in my life

So this was the end of my first trackday

Added the pic's and the movies, hope you enjoy them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140430_134345.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	261074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140430_134350.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	261082  

Last edited by Haga46; 05-23-2014 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Posting in the same topic with added movies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-02-2014, 06:48 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Spa wow I'm so jealous its such a beautiful track and looks really fun. Sorry to hear about your health problems I hope you get back to full health soon. Thanks for the vid's their awesome. Weird about your canister never seen one do that before. Looks like you had a fun day except for the muffler. LOL
post #3 of 16 Old 05-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Are those OEM wheels because they look like they are to me, but I thought all Gen 4's came with the 3 spoke design?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-03-2014, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
Spa wow I'm so jealous its such a beautiful track and looks really fun. Sorry to hear about your health problems I hope you get back to full health soon. Thanks for the vid's their awesome. Weird about your canister never seen one do that before. Looks like you had a fun day except for the muffler. LOL
It's my favorite track, these are my favorite tracks and in this order
1 Spa (B)
2 Assen (NL)
3 Nūrburg gp strecke (D)
4 Magny Cours (F)
5 Zolder (B)
6 Mettet (B)
7 Croix en Tournois (F)

I would like to do Laguna Seca ... will never happen unless i would win the lottery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyBoy View Post
Are those OEM wheels because they look like they are to me, but I thought all Gen 4's came with the 3 spoke design?
Yep they're the OEM trackwheels from my G3 that i'm using in my G4 the front is a direct bolt on the rear needs soms modifications
post #5 of 16 Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga46 View Post
It's my favorite track, these are my favorite tracks and in this order
1 Spa (B)
2 Assen (NL)
3 Nūrburg gp strecke (D)
4 Magny Cours (F)
5 Zolder (B)
6 Mettet (B)
7 Croix en Tournois (F)

I would like to do Laguna Seca ... will never happen unless i would win the lottery
I would love to do those first four tracks you listed for sure. Maybe when I retire that's not far off. LOL
post #6 of 16 Old 05-23-2014, 03:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Mettet (Belgium) 19-05-2014

Not the best session of the day, i did something wrong with the cam so the previous 2 sessions didn't record

My fysiek whas a little better and i could manage almost 5 complete sessions, the bad news is that my lower back is killing my bcuz 15yrs ago i was a backpatient until i started to work out. Now bcuz i've got Hashimoto i can't do any fitness anymore (hope to start soon again) and my muscles are getting weaker so the back problems are returning
Now i've got some pills and at doctors orders i can get 9 sessions of kiné massage therapy to get it sorted out

Here it is Mettet (Belgium) session 5 advanced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D53WAufdd3I
post #7 of 16 Old 05-24-2014, 11:58 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Looks like fun. Tighter than spa for sure. Nice vid.
post #8 of 16 Old 05-25-2014, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechX View Post
Looks like fun. Tighter than spa for sure. Nice vid.
Much tighter than Spa, but it has a little corkscrew in it and lets me dream a of how awesome Laguna Seca must be
post #9 of 16 Old 05-27-2014, 06:20 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haga46 View Post
Much tighter than Spa, but it has a little corkscrew in it and lets me dream a of how awesome Laguna Seca must be

Lol ya I saw that cork screw it looked pretty cool. I live about 6 hrs from Laguna and have wanted to go just worried about their sound limit hate to drive all that way and then not be able to ride.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Would love to just go there much less actually ride the track. Awesome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in