Factory TC & Aftermarket TC - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 72 Old 11-17-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Factory TC & Aftermarket TC

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and have learned a lot from the threads and posts you guys and gals have shared. I'm a expert racer and track day coach for N2 trackdays. I've recently purchased a used 2011 zx10 and plan on racing it next year. I'd like to hear the opinions of racers and track day guys and gals on what your using when it comes to traction control. Obviously an aftermarket TC allows you to adjust the TC per gear which is a stand out big difference but, are any of you using the factory TC for racing and trackdays? If so, tell me how well it works for you or how it holds you back or limits you. If the subject has already been discussed then I apologize, please delete and point me in the right direction to read up on this info.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 12:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Fireman and Dricked will chym in here I would say! Heaps of racers and track day gurus here, LDH is the parts dude and allways willing to help everyone too, Mike from RD great with parts and knowledge on performance parts! Honestly I could drop so many helpfull names and plus there is a mob I think in Italy or France that are flashing oem Ecu, s to full race spec that Joel has info on
post #3 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 06:21 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Woolich now allows you to adjust all 3 TC modes in the ECU.

2011 ZX10R Graves Full, BMC, block-off plates, MotionPro Rev2, 41t rear, Ohlins TTX, rear link, Pazzo shorties, Woolich tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 06:37 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If the bike doesn't have it, get a kit ecu/harness. It's very simple to adjust the TC settings with the software provided and for $1200 it really cleans up the wiring making the bike easier to work on. Any tuner worth their weight can tune it (basically the same as the Yosh EMPro) as well removing the need for a PC, although some prefer the PC because it's easier to tune with. Also a QS is easily added with just a sensor, but I'm sure your aware of all this.

As far as how the TC works, I'm quite impressed but would like the ability to tune it for each gear. If you leave the settings stock you'll find it FAR to intrusive and it will kill your lap times unless you turn it off. I have mine dialed back quite a bit but the "wheelie controll" still hurts my drive out of slower corners because it's somewhat unpredictable. With that said it's far better than a Bazzaz setup and unless your talking about spending big money on aftermarket TC it can be a useful tool.

Last edited by dricked; 11-18-2014 at 06:42 AM.
post #5 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 07:01 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Rickey do you have a green gen 4 with checkers under the tail?

I'm also with driked regarding the kit stuff really works well. The woolich stuff is also something to consider if your on a budget.

Bear Jew

Last edited by Hernando; 11-18-2014 at 07:03 AM.
post #6 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
If the bike doesn't have it, get a kit ecu/harness. It's very simple to adjust the TC settings with the software provided and for $1200 it really cleans up the wiring making the bike easier to work on. Any tuner worth their weight can tune it (basically the same as the Yosh EMPro) as well removing the need for a PC, although some prefer the PC because it's easier to tune with. Also a QS is easily added with just a sensor, but I'm sure your aware of all this.

As far as how the TC works, I'm quite impressed but would like the ability to tune it for each gear. If you leave the settings stock you'll find it FAR to intrusive and it will kill your lap times unless you turn it off. I have mine dialed back quite a bit but the "wheelie controll" still hurts my drive out of slower corners because it's somewhat unpredictable. With that said it's far better than a Bazzaz setup and unless your talking about spending big money on aftermarket TC it can be a useful tool.
The bike I bought has already been flashed by Guhl but from what Ive read his flash has nothing to do with TC adjustments, just being able to change the modes on the fly correct? and are you saying the factory TC works better then a bazzaz? also thanks for you feed back and opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
Rickey do you have a green gen 4 with checkers under the tail?

I'm also with driked regarding the kit stuff really works well. The woolich stuff is also something to consider if your on a budget.
No sir, the bike I bought is black and red. also thanks for the info
post #7 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

Stock TC works pretty good.
Best option is to get the Kit ECU, it has a lot more options for the TC

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
post #8 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky218 View Post
The bike I bought has already been flashed by Guhl but from what Ive read his flash has nothing to do with TC adjustments, just being able to change the modes on the fly correct? and are you saying the factory TC works better then a bazzaz? also thanks for you feed back and opinion!

No sir, the bike I bought is black and red. also thanks for the info
Ah no problem I'll be seeing you next year as I'll be out that way hopefully!

There's a rick with a green gen 4 runs nc bike and summit he's a coach with motorcycle xcitment thought it might have been you.

Bear Jew
post #9 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Gotcha, My friend Troy has a green zx10 with a checkered flag on the back of his bike and he's a coach for Motorcycle excitement but yea, I'm sure we'll see each out there next year at summit point.
post #10 of 72 Old 11-18-2014, 06:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky218 View Post
No problem!

IMO it's much better than the bazzaz I have in my Gsxr. Don't get me wrong the bazzaz works and it's a bit more adjustable but I've never had my TC kick in on the 10 above 3rd except to bring the front down and at that point it's almost undetectable. I wouldn't shell out the money for a bazzaz until you've at least tried adjusting the oem TC. All it takes is a single numerical change and your good to go.

If you can get the Guhl software/cable for a reasonable price and you can adjust the TC you may be happy. The kit ecu has more useful adjustments other than the TC such as engine braking so if that's somthing your after spring for the kit stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in