Bad day at roebling but all zx.net members ok. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Bad day at roebling but all zx.net members ok.

Well it started as a thread and became a reality as me trey and a couple of members here went to roebling road this past weekend. BIKES WEE DROPING LIKE FLIES ON A BUG ZAPPER! To be honest I dont know for sure if a session went all the way threw without someone going in the ambulance. I think 2 did.... thats 12 sessions with 3 groups and i know the expert group was 1/2 way thin by sunday lunch. All of the members here were ok when i pulled out at 3pm sunday and i hope trey chimes in here soon but I have never been to a trackday where there were so many crashes!
I would like to share with you how sunday morning started....
I woke gave a riders meeting and we were off with expert. within 5-7 min a guy tossed a gsxr that the only way i can explain how bad the bike was is....it took 2 trips to round up all the parts for the crash truck. SO i decided i was hungry, Off to burger king witch is 5 min down the road. 10 min trip 4 min in the line arguing with the retard at the window and i was back only to see yet another waving red flag. As i pulled threw the gates i was informed that there had been 3 MORE accidents sence i left. WTF!?!?!?!? I figured that would slow people down but as the day went on i swear 30 min would not go by and a accident would happen. THAT was my sunday morning. I got a crapload of vid just need to edit it.
However im going to go a mow the grass just wanted to chime in and let you guys know that at 3pm yesterday all forum members were ok but they ran till 5 so if someone has treys number you may want to give hime a shout.
Randy

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 AM
I really need to get out of the house

Posting Frequency

that is a lot wrecks. on my track day last year. there where three. all walk away. Was the track dirty?.

Rain. Whats is this Rain i keep hearing?.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 09:16 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I know this sounds contrary, and I am first to admit the public street is so very dangerous for bikers, but I do not trust myself enough to attend a track day along with other aggressive riders.

Knowing myself well, I would have likely been one of the maroons thinking he knew more than the folks that had crashed earlier in the day and continued to push it.

Dress for the slide & not the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep, me and trey never crashed. My first time on the track with a 1,000 also. That guy that crashed the GSXR 1000 and it split into 3 peices had never crashed on the track before because I was talking to him on saturday. HE walked away completely unharmed.

Last edited by Cling; 05-28-2007 at 11:29 AM.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 AM

Posting Frequency

From the sounds of it, you could almost put a motorcycle crash video together from just that track day. Geez.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

yea it was bad...
No the track wasnt dirty but something was wrong. I couldnt tell what but the track felt like ass in the AM but as soon as noon hit it felt normal. some accidents in the pm but the am was strait nuts both days!

I got tiered of buying go fast parts.... So i got a turbo! now i need go slow parts!
If it aint modded it aint yours!
post #7 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

just got home must give a big friggen HUGE MEGA THANX TO SARAH for puttin' on such a great trackday weekend yep there was some ugly get offs and a few delays but all in all we had a great time. The track had a fresh new pave job and flowed very nicely I started out at a 1:27 and wound it down to a comfy 1:21 with a few more sessions I think I coulda broke into the teens pics to come soon

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #8 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That guy that totaled that AMAZING looking R1 with the white rims was doing 1:14's lol, man he was flying. And the guy that split his GSXR 1000 into a bunch of peices was doing 1:17's my best was a 1:18 on the 10. I just dont think it paid to try and go fast on such a dangerous track, Roebling had such FAST corners that if you had a get-off it wasnt going to turn out good.

Last edited by Cling; 05-28-2007 at 10:35 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Green Hippie

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cling View Post
That guy that totaled that AMAZING looking R1 with the white rims was doing 1:14's lol, man he was flying. And the guy that split his GSXR 1000 into a bunch of peices was doing 1:17's my best was a 1:18 on the 10. I just dont think it payed to try and go fast on such a dangerous track, Roebling had such FAST corners that if you had a get-off it wasnt going to turn out good.
yep a get off there is gonna be ugly

VAE VICTUS!

RIP James R Patterson 6/3/30-5/26/09
post #10 of 15 Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Here is a video of the track day at Roebling Road, FBI group, at 3:40s you can see that guy with the R1 that was pulling 1:14's run me off of turn 9(100+MPH Turn) going into the strait away while I was just messing around duking it out with my friends on 600's to make the video interesting I think I was the only person the whole weekend to go off of turn 9 into the grass and not crash, I was about 1inch away from nailing the back tire on my friends R6 on the left of the screen.

Later the R1 guy will end up totaling his bike.... Karma??? :headshake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTJ4G...elated&search=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in