Awesome Day at the Track (Nashville Speedway Apr 21) - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Awesome Day at the Track (Nashville Speedway Apr 21)

Well, I've got two track days under my belt now. It was an awesome day. I got more comfortable hanging of the bike and managed to get both knees down early on and continued to improve throughout the day. Overall the track was rough in spots, particularly when coming off the embanked front and back stretches onto the infield. Although I have to admit it was sweet as hell to drag a knee at 105 on the big sweeper while working your way to the front stretch. Just wished the next one would hurry up and get here.

Here's a pic from later in the day.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to zx10ragentblack
Congrats man. Looks like you had a great time. It's an addiction though for sure so let the credit card maxing out begin.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep, wifey is already getting on me about that. Plan on doing Putman in June. Hope it gets here fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10rhawkdrvr View Post
Yep, wifey is already getting on me about that. Plan on doing Putman in June. Hope it gets here fast.
Putnam huh..maybe I will get out there if I'm not racing.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yea, I'll be in your neck of the woods. It'll be June 16th with NESBA.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Yankee Racer

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Yea, I'll be in your neck of the woods. It'll be June 16th with NESBA.
Trust me you wont get much better than a NESBA event at Putnam.:headshake
post #7 of 12 Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I have heard Putman was good. Figured I would give it a try. My goal is to hit as many different tracks as I can. As it it gets closer I will put a shout out to see if anyone else will be going.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

What's up man!!! Hey, I haven't forgotten you or the pictures. I was there at the track with you in the Novice group. You were definitely going well.

I rode Sunday in Novice as well, mainly because of the instructor to rider ratio, and it was my first weekend ever on a track. Sunday was awesome, and for the first time in my life I was scraping my pucks during the session before lunch.

It was short lived though, because I took the bike back out after lunch and the front plowed like a John Deere anytime I tried to run a decent pace. It was a bum deal, and I ran the session after lunch, and 3 laps of the next session after making and air pressure adjustment to the front tire. I put the bike in the trailer because I almost lost the front so many times it ain't even funny.

I just figured it was a tire issue, but after some inspection there may be an issue with the forks. I am working with Ken on getting this resolved though.

Even though my bike went away on me at the end, up to that point I was having a damned great time. It was cool to meet you and we gotta do it again. Those 10Rs go good out there, and definitely can motor down that front stretch banking.

Like I said, we gotta do it again man!!!!

Pimpin' ain't easy, but somebody's got to do it.
post #9 of 12 Old 04-26-2007, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman12R View Post
What's up man!!! Hey, I haven't forgotten you or the pictures. I was there at the track with you in the Novice group. You were definitely going well.

I rode Sunday in Novice as well, mainly because of the instructor to rider ratio, and it was my first weekend ever on a track. Sunday was awesome, and for the first time in my life I was scraping my pucks during the session before lunch.

It was short lived though, because I took the bike back out after lunch and the front plowed like a John Deere anytime I tried to run a decent pace. It was a bum deal, and I ran the session after lunch, and 3 laps of the next session after making and air pressure adjustment to the front tire. I put the bike in the trailer because I almost lost the front so many times it ain't even funny.

I just figured it was a tire issue, but after some inspection there may be an issue with the forks. I am working with Ken on getting this resolved though.

Even though my bike went away on me at the end, up to that point I was having a damned great time. It was cool to meet you and we gotta do it again. Those 10Rs go good out there, and definitely can motor down that front stretch banking.

Like I said, we gotta do it again man!!!!
It was a blast. I wished I could have ran on Sunday too. Sorry to hear about your forks. My wife got an earfull about the guy on the TI 10. I am going to try and hit Nashville again later on this year depending on my schedule. Can't bet the short drive.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
It was a blast. I wished I could have ran on Sunday too. Sorry to hear about your forks. My wife got an earfull about the guy on the TI 10. I am going to try and hit Nashville again later on this year depending on my schedule. Can't bet the short drive.

Yeah I talked a lot about you as well. Most everyone at work started ducking and dodging me because they were sick of hearing about my track days.....................buncha haters.

No biggie on the forks, I'll get it lined out with Ken's help. He had the thing dialed in and on a rail. I just can't say enough good things about the guy. He did the forks for me earlier this year, and I am thinking about letting him do some work on my SV forks.

I tell you, as funny as this may sound, I'm more upset that there was not ONE picture taken of me with my knee down than I am about the forks.
But I got the scuffed up pucks, and remember how damned cool it finally felt to do it. It stoked me up for sure.

I definitely want to do Nashville again someday, I liked the facility, and the track was cool too other than the transition off the backstretch banking into the chicane. I was considerably faster there before I left, and way faster in 1-2-3-4.

Pimpin' ain't easy, but somebody's got to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in