Anyone here actually dislike track days? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone here actually dislike track days?

I'm curios. I had a blast at my first one. Was reading some people's views on the subject and have found there to be quite a few complaints. I'm just very curious to read more about what others dislike about doing track days.

Gen 3 ZX-10R, TB slip on (ARGGGHHHH), Schnitz Reflash

WTB: Jardine slip on, PC5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 04:05 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Im not sure what there would be to dislike other than maybe something an organizer or track would do wrong. But hey everyone is different and there definitely may be some folks that just don't like it. Ill grab a bucket of popcorn with Red_Comet and see.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 07:21 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

After racing I dislike track days. I guess I take things too seriously and expect people to do the same when on track.
post #5 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 07:32 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
After racing I dislike track days. I guess I take things too seriously and expect people to do the same when on track.
Racing tends to ruin track days.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #6 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I can see how ppl that race wouldn't like a track day, I just recently did my first track day in almost 5 years. Although it was a blast to me and I had fun, I was mostly in the way of ppl that were way more serious about it then I was. I finished the day out without pissing anyone off but I'm sure I did annoy a few.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #7 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 08:11 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
I've defiantly been to bad track days, But the same can be said for racing events. Really comes down to the organization and the people your riding with or against.

Bear Jew
post #8 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

You know, a lot of people had said that racing is a million times better than a track day. When do you know that you're at that level? What makes racing that much better than a track day?

Gen 3 ZX-10R, TB slip on (ARGGGHHHH), Schnitz Reflash

WTB: Jardine slip on, PC5
post #9 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

For about 4 years I rode with older guys (40-55 yrs old) from North of Philadelphia in Bucks county. They were born and raised in North Bucks county and Pocono area. They rode sport bikes in that area their entire life. Needless to say, if you know the area, there's hundred's of miles of twisties with very few cops. I learned real quick about aggressive street riding. I asked them why they didn't do track days. They all said the same thing. "Why should I go and pay somebody 190 bucks to ride around in circles when we have all these roads up here which or more fun to ride." I'm now out here in AZ (no where near the fun to ride vs. the upper Bucks county/Pocono area). I could see in certain areas it's about the only choice.
post #10 of 69 Old 07-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash ZX10R View Post
You know, a lot of people had said that racing is a million times better than a track day. When do you know that you're at that level? What makes racing that much better than a track day?
It's more serious, more committed, and more rewarding ... and the process of getting a roadracing license filters out a lot of the idiots, and you don't have to deal with the slower riders until lapping them. There is an argument that track days give you more track time ... but racing is better quality track time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-racer View Post
For about 4 years I rode with older guys (40-55 yrs old) from North of Philadelphia in Bucks county. They were born and raised in North Bucks county and Pocono area. They rode sport bikes in that area their entire life. Needless to say, if you know the area, there's hundred's of miles of twisties with very few cops. I learned real quick about aggressive street riding. I asked them why they didn't do track days. They all said the same thing. "Why should I go and pay somebody 190 bucks to ride around in circles when we have all these roads up here which or more fun to ride." I'm now out here in AZ (no where near the fun to ride vs. the upper Bucks county/Pocono area). I could see in certain areas it's about the only choice.
Different environment. On track there are no cops, no trees to hit, no utility poles to hit, better control of the pavement surface, etc. I like backroads riding, too, but it's different. For example, in 25+ years of street riding, I've never touched a knee down. There is too much uncertainty to do it with confidence. In the carousel at Grand Bend ... 4th gear (FZR400) knee on the ground all the way around, lap after lap. Street riding is more of a scenic tour by comparison - and there's nothing wrong with that - but it's a different type of riding.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in