West Florida - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

West Florida

I am going to be moving to Sarasota probably within the next 2 months! I am heading there tomorrow to go look for houses and the location of the restaurant that I am going to be running. I am looking to find a regional forum, and as well find out as much info as I can about insurance. I want to find an insurance guy that is as good of a guy as the one I have here in Indy. Anybody want to help me out? Where is the local hangout and that kind of fun stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 07:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

seems youre out of luck my friend but i hear the bike night seen shouldn't be bad around the tampa area. at least you're out of Indie...i plan on moving back to florida next year. either tampa, orlando, or miami.

Florida has a poor job market! :headshake
post #3 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hey man im in Sarasota, Check out tampasportbikes.com there are a few Sarasota riders on there...or just PM me and we can exchange info...i usually organize a ride every other week so whenever your settled in chances are there will be a local ride coming up quickly... also there are a lot of rides all the time in tampa..which it about 40-60 minutes away depending on the area...Not really a lot of local biker hang outs unless your a HD guy...but im trying to get the street bike guys a little more organized down here...right now you see a lot of single riders all over town but it seems like no one wants to chill with anyone else...hit me up for more info..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hey Kawi? Thanks for the heads up. I got down here tues am and have been loving it. Just sad that I will have to go back to Indy for a little while longer. We are still trying to find houses and the perfdect place for our restaurant. So far I have seen 1 gixxer parked next to a bldg and 2 pretty ratty looking zx6rs. But that is all the sportbikes I have seen. Kinda dissapointed me. But as long as there are a few guys that want to ride I will be okay. The weather here is awesome so far. And the roads for the most part are almost perfect. Its almost like riding on the Indianapolis 500 track. Thanks for getting back to me and when I am moving all my stuff back down here I will hit you up. Or when I get back I will pm you and let you know when I amm heading back down here to visit. Maybe we could meet up?
Take care and ride safe!
post #5 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Best of luck on the move and the business. You can also take a look at soflasportbikes.com there are usually a couple of bike events and gatherings listed there. Most of the people on there are on the east coast, but there is a west coast section that gets activity as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Unless Scout says dont do it. Then, really, just do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
I know its blistering fast but you cant outrun ugly.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st 10r View Post
Hey Kawi? Thanks for the heads up. I got down here tues am and have been loving it. Just sad that I will have to go back to Indy for a little while longer. We are still trying to find houses and the perfdect place for our restaurant. So far I have seen 1 gixxer parked next to a bldg and 2 pretty ratty looking zx6rs. But that is all the sportbikes I have seen. Kinda dissapointed me. But as long as there are a few guys that want to ride I will be okay. The weather here is awesome so far. And the roads for the most part are almost perfect. Its almost like riding on the Indianapolis 500 track. Thanks for getting back to me and when I am moving all my stuff back down here I will hit you up. Or when I get back I will pm you and let you know when I amm heading back down here to visit. Maybe we could meet up?
Take care and ride safe!
i have lived here all my life..tell me what kinda resturant and i can give you some ideas for areas to look in....yeah its reallt hit or miss on finding bikes around but every once in a while youll see a random group...I was actually in downtown sarasota today on the bike... the roads used to be AWEFUL but they have repaved most of the major ones in the last year or so...still some areas to avoid around town though..definantly hit me up sometime and let me know when your moving your stuff down...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in