Tires_Bridgestone - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-13-2010, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Tires_Bridgestone

i spilled my last sportbike on a set of bridgestones, and felt them slide VERY noticeably on many more occasions after the crash before i finally took them off. has anyone else had a bad experience on the sport bike battlax GT016 tires? I just got a new ZX10, with the bridgstones, and lost rerar traction leaving a giant scuff all the way to tire edge. i am having trruoble getting confidence on this bike with these tires. it was a cold morning, but i feel certain my dunlops (previous tires, previous bike) would have handled the turn and acceleration fine. Thoughts or experiences??? thanx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm on my 3rd set of BT016's and couldn't be happier with them. A couple of track days on them and a lot of street miles with no issues at all.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

After 3 trackdays, the edges of my BT016's are toast. I've been pretty happy with them. They aren't as sticky as race rubber, but they're a pretty good compromise for a street tire. Not sure what you're doing to make them slip...even in the cold, mine have stuck pretty well. 1 lap and knee down. Maybe 2 if it's chilly out.

Granted, I did highside on those tires. As much as I wish I could, I can't really blame the tires for my dumb ass grabbing a hand full of throttle with my knee down. 150 hp + cornering is more than any tire can handle.

---------------------------------------------------
If it aint broken, it doesn't have enough features yet
---------------------------------------------------
There are 'glass half empty' people, and 'glass half full' people. Then there are engineers who see that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in