Any Denver Canyon Riders? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Any Denver Canyon Riders?

Hi All,

Brand-new to this forum. Just sold my ZRX1100 and bought a 2007 ZX10R Special Edition... got it with 85 miles, so it's basically a brand-new bike. After break-in, I'm planning on getting re-acquainted with some mountain twisties. Anybody in here ride in the Denver area? Any advice for a new ZX10 owner as it pertains to staying safe, yet maximizing my fun in the curves? While I was able to ride them, the ZRX fought me a bit in the mountains and I'm hoping for a more manageable ride out of the ZX10. Any sound, sane advice from ya'll will be appreciated!

Peace
NL
http://www.spritle.net/zx10

Last edited by Narsisco Lopez; 05-29-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Adding link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have an o6 I take up in the canyons all the time. Feel free to stop by my shop off Hampden/Sante Fe and we can talk about hitting them hills!
post #3 of 9 Old 05-30-2009, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks Konichd,

Will do... 169 miles now and climbing. Riding in the city every day, but wanna get to about 500+, change the oil and do some minor adjustments before heading up to the hills. I'll stop by your shop beforehand, though, for a talk/bs session, if that's ok. On another topic, was thinking about adding lowering links (I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam). Any experience with this? I'm also thinking about getting a local upholstery shop to customize the stock saddle to "scoop" it... removing about 1"+ of the factory foam to allow for my height. Got a recommendation for a shop that does quality work without breaking the bank?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

There are a couple places near my shop that can easily handle your seat shaving for @40 bucks. As far as lowering, I don't have much experience with it but your on the right path with a lowering link. These things sit pretty low but welcome to the best canyon carving machine!
post #5 of 9 Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

How is the riding in Denver?
post #6 of 9 Old 06-02-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

The riding is usually great. Being up against the front range of the Rocky Mountains, there are many well-maintained canyon roads and mountain passes with perfectly cambered twisties. Now, I just have to finish breaking in my 07 ZX10 (up to 290 miles and climbing ;-) so I can get up there and ride.
post #7 of 9 Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm in Cheyenne when in the US and lots of good riding in the Front Range. (Sitting in Kuwait and heading to Baghdad right now for another 3 month stint) Good site to linkup with other riders in the local area is http://www.cosportbikeclub.org ....there you can find plenty of people to ride with. Enjoy.

Last edited by sandboxshooter; 06-02-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
post #8 of 9 Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by konichd View Post
There are a couple places near my shop that can easily handle your seat shaving for @40 bucks. As far as lowering, I don't have much experience with it but your on the right path with a lowering link. These things sit pretty low but welcome to the best canyon carving machine!
Can you pass along the names of those shops? I got a quote from a shop on my side of town (Alameda & Quebec) and he wants $125 bucks to shave the foam and re-use the factory cover... seems pretty steep! At that price, I might attempt to do it myself... worst-case scenario is that I have to send to to Tobin if I screw it up too badly ;-)
post #9 of 9 Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^^I got my 636 seat shaved and done for $45! The shop is right here off Federal and Hampden. I will get you some info on who it was when I can find my reciept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in